Prostatitis treatment success

Posted , 10 users are following.

What started as discomfort near the tip of my penis. Soon became burning feeling between my anus and testicles. Also bladder problems and back pain. The usual prostatitis diagnosis. Antibiotics for weeks. 2 different kinds. Then flowmax. Nothing worked. Constant pain. All summer in pain. Drinking and painkillers helped for temp fix. My ass felt so bad i thought what now hemorrhoids. Used prep h for months. I was so depressed. My life of sports cars and boats no longer enjoyable. Sold them. Finally couldn't take ass pain. Went to see a proctologist. Guess what no hemorrhoids. He suggested a specialst in urology that deals with pelvic problems. After a 2 month wait doctor push on my prostate and felt no pain. Then touched muscles in my ass on the sides (ouch). I was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction. Treatment, drug diazipan (muscle relaxers) epson salt baths and PT. Not just stretching a PT goes up your anus and works these muscles. Common problem for women but they get accessed through the vagina. After 1 week treatment no bladder issues. My bladder feels normal after 7 months. Now 3rd week and almost pain free. Got my life back. Time will tell but for now its life changing. If sounds familiar to you. Think outside the box. Most urologists dont understand this. Saw 3 of them.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Did you have the typical urgency with prostatitis? Was you stream effected by this?
    • Posted

Yes sometimes i feel the urge to pee. And nothing much came out. Slow stream. Also my bladder felt like it was toxic. Like i had been infected with poision. Does sitting bother you. Does your ass hurt. Feels like nerve pain?
    • Posted

Also get a seat cushion with hole in the middle. Big help
    • Posted

My biggest symptom is urgency. I’m quite certain I have prostatitis. After ultrasound years ago it’s confirmed I have calicifications or stones in the prostate. Who knows what else though. Willing to try anything.
    • Posted

Google "Make Your Own Prostate Cushion In 30 Seconds" - it's free, and readily available.

Don't forget the Yoga Balasana to keep those pelvic muscles strong / healthy.

• Posted

Did you get a cystoscope to check your urethra and prostate
  • Posted

It's more common than people (men!) realise, that pelvic pain is more often caused by stress than an infection or prostate problem. 

I know this after hearing about many guys whose lives have been ruined by the antibiotics.  You say you took them for 'weeks' and you had two different kinds.  I'm willing to bet my 5 stars that one was Ciprofloxacin (for 4 weeks?). 

I'm so happy to hear that you're now almost pain free and you've got your life back.  The men I know about are suffering long-term side effects from Cipro, some are in agony daily and others are still unable to get their lives back after 5 or 7 years! 

This is not made-up.  Please read this and take it as a warning.  If you were given Cipro, you may not feel any effects but it is inside you.  There is an outside chance that taking Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs, or steroids within the next 12 months will cause you a lot of problems.  If you feel any aches or pains in your joints (particularly ankles) or limbs take care not to do any sudden movements or put strain on them.  Panic attacks, insomnia and gut problems may be signs as well.  Don't ever take Cipro or any other quinolone antibiotic for at least a year or so.  There are 5 in this class, also called fluoroquinolones, so check the packet leaflet of any antibiotic you get prescribed in the future. 

Take a look at the fluoroquinolone discussions on this site to get a better understanding of what I'm saying.  These antibiotics are also given to women for pelvic problems and various other conditions.  Fortunately they are no longer handed out for any old infection (due to the risk of them causing C.diff gut infection) but they are still used too readily.  Doctors just don't appreciate the dangers but many (too many) patients do.

Please take this as a friendly warning and not ramblings from some mad woman! 

• Posted

Hi Miriam, Thank you for taking time to follow the prostate forum as so many others like me did not know of the dangers of this type of drug until too late. Despite the makers warning to doctors it seems that they are still being prescribed at the drop of a hat.

Hopefully the expected report from the BMJ will put the brakes on it being over prescribed.Last time I had it prescribed it was unexpected as it was by a cardiologist after he fitted my pacemaker. Perhaps another forum for you to follow!

• Posted

Thanks for your input. You are 100 percent correct about urologists prescription of antibiotics. They put men on theses for weeks. A definite danger. I used cipro for 6 weeks. Then he wanted to try another. Thats when i gave up and stopped them.I too read up on the dangers. Yet urologists just say prostatitis (even thow they do no know cause or even if is a bacterial infection. Most cases are non bacterial. I am lucky enough to live in new york where i saw a urologist who deals with this as a pelvic muscle problem.
    • Posted

I think the main problem is that there's more money to be made from pushing drugs that from self-help cures like exercise!

• Posted

Kind words, Derek, thanks very much.  It's a sad world where we have to spend so much tome warning unsuspecting people about their prescriptions of proven unsafe drugs.  

I haven't heard about a BMJ report, maybe this is something that will be good.  There is a report due soon from the European Medicines Agency that will hopefully echo what the FDA in America said i.e. the dangers of Cipro and the other Quinolones generally outweigh the benefits. 

• Posted

Perhaps I misunderstood your earlier mention of  the one from the European Medicines Agency .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.