Prostatitis Urgency to Urinate

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am 25 year old diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis after the doctor took a semen culture. I have no pain in the pelvis, no pain during ejaculation. However, I have this issue of frequent urination that is really troubling. Sometimes I would be there on the toiler constantly peeing and dribbling for 10 minutes. During good times I have to pee every 1 hour. I does not let me sleep either. It waking me up every 2 hours.

I also have weak and split stream. Doctor said all of my symptoms can be explained through prostatitis. I have been on ciprofloxacin for 10 days now. It has helped a bit with the irritation that i used to have in the bladder and also around the rectum, but my frequency has only gone worse.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated. Is there hope that this go away? 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi--I'm a 26 year old male with literally the same symptoms--no pain in pelvis, no pain during ejaculation, just constant urge, weak stream, and difficulty voiding (and yes with 10 minutes or longer spent on the toilet just to pee). Have been this way for 4 weeks now and on antibiotics for 3 with continued improvement, but the going is extremely slow and improvement is up and down.

I'm wondering--are you now completely symptom-free? If so, how long did it take you to get to that point and by what means?

Thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.