Prostatitis with zero pain, just horrible 24/7 urge to urinate/frequency

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hello All,

I am a healthy 25 year old male with no history of urinary issues.

I am at my wit's end. Last Sunday, I started having terrible urinary frequency. I will literally go to the bathroom, urinate, flush the toilet, and then have to use the restroom again RIGHT AWAY. In other words, I have constant urinary urges 24/7... It has been this way for one week.

I don't have any pain or discomfort in my pelvic area, and there is no burning sensation during urinating. However, I feel as if the urine is at the tip of my penis - that is where the urge sensation is most prevalent. If I hold it for a long time and it accumulates, there is quite a lot of urine. However, most of the time (especially in the middle of the night) hardly anything comes out even though it feels so urgent.

I can't sleep since it feels like I have to urinate constantly... last night I was going every 5 minutes, and most of the time only a few drops came out. I am having anxiety now because of this.

I went to the urologist last Tuesday (2 days in). Urinanalysis showed no UTI and bladder ultrasound was okay. However, during the rectal exam, he said my prostate was "off" and did a test of the urine that came out after the exam. At that point, I was told that I had a prostate infection and that the enlarged/inflamed prostate was causing the frequency. In other words, there was bacteria.

I was given 500 mg of Levaquin to take once a day for 30 days. However, it has not helped after 6 doses. I'm trying Motrin (ibuprofen) to no avail. I was told it takes a while for the antibiotic to reach the prostate. I have no fever, and no chills.

I am terrified that I have the chronic pelvic pain (CPP) form of prostatitis. However, I don't know if I do, since (1) there WERE bacteria present upon running the urine after the rectal exam and (2) I have ZERO PAIN. The only symptom is the 24/7 need to urinate. Any ideas on this? I hope I have the acute prostitiis form since this is cured with more antibiotics, but if I have the lifelong CPP form I don't know what to do... I feel like I will have to quit my job since I can't sleep with the need to urinate.

Please help!

4 likes, 293 replies

293 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My condition is Somewhat Similar to yours as i have pain during urination and Using antibioptics since 6 Years with No Results and Now all i do is No more drinking Water during the Evenings as during the Day time i could manage to Use bathroom every few times an hour , Using Bathroom in the Night is the Most Unconfortable thing as i stopped drinking water during the evening i feel a little better but still i need to wake up 5 -6 times every night and facing this since 6 Years along with the Pain , Antibiotics never did anything good sometimes i feel like worst using antibiotics so i quit now .
  • Posted

A couple of days ago I had the same symptoms.  I needed to pee 24 hours / day.  I was freaking out.  After reading this board about people who had this for 20 years, it made my anxiety even worse.

My problem has been solved.

I got a prescription for Sulfamethoxazole and Phenazopyridine (200).  After 2 days, the problem went away.  Finished.  The only problem when taking the meds is that your pee turns red.  Yipee!.....

• Posted

HI

Im a 48 yr old male and I just started these symptoms.

It started  2 weeks ago. After urinating I felt as though I didnt shake properly.

It subsided and the next week it happened again for longer.

After the 3rd week for 4 days straight ,I was dripping after urinating constantly for 24hrs. It was really uncomfortable and irritating and i felt to cry..

I have no pain and the urine comes out ok its just all the time. i can sleep at night and it doesnt wake me up

I visited the doctor he said it maybe a urinary infection. He says my urine has no infection . as wlell he says  may also be prostatitis ( enflamed prostate).

he put me on antibiotics (levofloxacin) as as well as urimax for 6 days. i will revisit and update after.

BTW - I never had my prostate checked as yet so this is scheduled for after.

As well Im goin to do some changes. Get a new water filter, clean and disinfect my home and surroundings. drink more water, start back my fruits. cut out beer.start doin some reverse kegel exercises 

I also sit / Slouch at the computer for hours upon  hours. maybe this affected my prostate and urinary tract.

lets see

• Posted

hi this is my update

doctor had me on antibiotics (levofloxacin) as as well as urimax for 10 days.  I stayed away from alochol as well as drank lots of liquids..  the problem seems to have subsided for now .  I hope it stays this way.

BTW- a friend of mine had kinda the similar symtoms. he said after he pisses. he does squats over the bowl. to rid hiomslef of anything lefover.    I started this as well.

• Posted

Hi hope im, from the usa, i know this is a UK based site. but  the symptoms seems to be common everywhere.

I also have the same or similar situation as the OP. II developed urgency to urinate after an episode of masturbation last sunday, just before showering, i thought it would pass. but i noticed i would pee more freqeuntly, and i get the URGE as soon i finish peeing, so i ened peeing a few minutes later, some times a week stream, and i if hold on long enough. The urge to pee gets stronger.

I have no pain when peeing, just sensation at the tip of the penis, and where the bladder is. everywhere im looking online, seems to be pointing to prostitis, since UTIs or kidney infections would cause pain, cloudiness of urine.

I masturbate about 2 times a week, now im frigthened to do it, since the URGENCY started after i masturbated. Ive been going to bathroom 4+times a day. At first i attributed to drinking soda, and some caffiene based drinks, but the urge feeling kept going after i stopped those drinks. This has been going on since last sunday.

I am also taking diphenhydramine since monday, i thought it could be cause it, after i read it can cause urinary retention. to recap, the sensation to pee is at the tip of penis, like it has some urin left and where the bladder is. no pain when peeing, no cloudiness of the urine. Does this warrant a urgent care vist? im concered my issues will be dismissed as anxiety, or im imagining it. I have already went this march to the hospital for unrelated condition.

• Posted

Prostatitis normally makes your pee stream weak, and there's also pain in the pelvis. If you just have urgency, it might be prostatitis but it could be basically anything under the urinary ailment spectrum, since every single urinary based problem causes urgency. 

That said, did you ever resolve your situation? I'm in the same boat, kinda. I can't relax and make the problem nearly disappear, but then it starts right back up when I think of it again. I noticed my bout happened when I masturbated, lasted all week, and now symptoms are beginning to let up a little. Trying to get my doc to write me a script for antibiotics just in case.  

• Posted

Hi everyone, just today I have started having these symptoms, I have urinated and straight after finishing the urge to urinate is there again but with no urination. I have been suffering from an embarrassing anal problem for quite some time now and wonder if it is related to me not getting that sorted out. I will be making an appointment to see a doctor as soon as I can to see if I can get both my problems sorted out.
    • Posted

Did you ever resolve your situation? I had anal thrush for a week or so before my symptoms developed. I'm thinking I might have urithritis from transfer of bacteria. 

• Posted

Hi everyone, I am 19 years old and have the exactly the same symptoms as OP, like feeling the urge at the tip of my penis etc. I went to my current uro and they give me an ultrasound and say I could empty my bladder fine. So they prescribed me some flomax, gonna start taking them today. I try ignoring the urge a little bit and now I go to bathroom every hour and half or so. I could probably hold it to two hours but it would be uncomfortable. I did a prostate ultrasound with my old uro and he said my prostate is 32cc. I went to see a chinese medicine doctor too and he thinks that the prostate is engorged or inflamed due to overmasturbation or sitting stationary for too long, and asks me to drink green tea. Do your symptoms get better worse with masturbation and long period of sitting? and has anyone found a cure for it yet?
    • Posted

Mines started after masturbation, and it seems that masturbation triggers everyone to pee everytime. I suspect prostitis, did your doctor say your prostate was enlarged? Did you get tested for UTI? Im from the USA, so "getting doctors is not guaranteed". the sensations comes as follows: the tip of the penis gets the sensation as if you still have some residual urin near or in the uretha, and the bladder sensation of urine seems to be constantly there, and the sensation only increases the longer i hold out of pee. and everytime i pee the sensation immediately returns. just to test, after peeing, i stand there for a few minutes, i start to pee immediately even if i just pee moments or minutes ago.  Just to exclude any possibilities, i have stopped drinking too much caffinated drinks, sugary drinks, carbonated sodas, Teas. just regular intake of water. i am considering getting cranberry juice, however i believe because its a sugary drink it only makes the urgency higher. I have stopped masturbation and i believe that my history of masturbation may have caused this. i think sitting for long periods does make some have urgency? prostitits can cause urgency because it pinches on the uretha, or the bladder. From what ive looked around it can go away, or be continious.

• Posted

Hi, 

Did you ever solve this? How did your alleviate the constant urge to urinate and sensation at the tip of the penis?

• Posted

Hi Tony,

Did you ever solve this? How did your alleviate the constant urge to urinate and sensation at the tip of the penis?

• Posted

I've had it since july take the antibiotics they give you!!! I noticed that when i had sex it would flare it up part of it i found out my gf had protein in her urine! Sometimes i thought it was getting better but out the blue its the same again make sure your partner doesnt have constant uti's or BV

• Posted

Did you ever resolve this. Someone stated this might come from urine being too acidic and semen being basic and they cause a urethra irritation after masturbation if you hold off on ejaculation for too long. Mine started after a week long dry spell. 
  • Posted

Hi roark25, 

• Posted

Greetings davidchester,

I think the problem i had is similar to yours. The constant need to urinate 24/7 due to constant pressure at the tip of the penis and possibly sleepless nights. In my case, the pressure was developed in the urethra channel just where the channel meets the glans. 

I went to various doctors, did numerous infection tests but nothing came back positive. It is needless to say, that antibiotics did not work and only destroyed my intestinal flora. My prostate was also okay, and i had no diabetes. ---Doctors stopped helping here. Everything that i did was self treated. I have no medical degree so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Having the other symptoms ruled out, i believe that what i had was either a pinched or inflated nerve or a small kidney stone in the urethra.  The treatment that i did and still undergoing was based on circulation and nutrient nourishing. Here are the steps:

1. Grab towel and soak it in hot water( the hottest you can resist without damaging your skin). Afterwards  coil & wrap  the hot towel around the inflated zone. The idea is to keep the water hot. If you have a jaccuzi more power to you. The Jacuzzi is a fantastic healing device - this is no joke.

My personal results - With 4 hours in this heat procedure, my symptoms improved. I went from having to pee at every living second to urinating at every 1.5 hours.

2. Eat foods to repair, nourish and to fight inflammation. I hate more healthy fats and proteins. Specially:

avocados & pumpkin seeds --- Great sources of magnesium and zinc (pumpkin seeds). These minerals have been linked to greatly fighting inflammation. They are also very good in nourishing nerve tissue.

coconut - Superfood that helps with everything, specially fighting inflammation.

3. Stop ALL sexual activity until treated. Excessive sexual activity can damage nerves and inflate the various penis channels. For more help with this, maybe visit nofap reddit?

4. Vigorous exercise to produce a lot of heat. I did my normal boxing and weight lifting exercises but with a Polar coat and a hot towel wrapped around the penis. The idea is to make the blood flow and relax pinched or damaged nerves.

5. Took a generic and cheap form of flavoxate to help nerves relax. Dosage 200mg.

Currently i believe that i am normal but i will keep doing this treatment for a month. I have been doing this for 6 days and i can now sleep again because the constant need to urinate is controlled. 

I hope that my experienced helped.

• Posted

Cheers for your info. Just to clarify, when you say you now need to pee only every 1.5 hours opposed to every minute. Does this mean your ‘irritable feeling’ has subsided to every 1.5 hours whereby you feel no symptoms inbetween that time? So in other words, you feel normal (zero irritable urinary urge symptoms) until the 1.5 hour mark reaches?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.