Protected sex but did have oral sex. Do I have herpes?? Graphic photos

Posted , 6 users are following.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

it looks like it i would get swabbed asap. condoms only protect about 30% from getting herpes.

• Posted

is it painful?

it does look like a typical herpes outbreak! sometimes bacterial infections from old razors can look like this! but from your pictures i do think you should get them swabbed and you can be sure then!

• Posted

the sores are painful when being toched by water when i shower, skin contact rubbing against it while walking .. also ive noticed too random lymph nodes near my groin area around the same time the sores started to appear

• Posted

yeah does sound like herpes!

most people get it from viral shedding.

defo get them swabbes and get some antivirals from your doctor!

tea tree and coconut oil will help dry them up!

any questions feel free to message me x

• Posted

Do you know if your partner had or gets cold sores in their mouth? Yes. you can get herpes hsv1 via oral sex unfortunately.

Definitely get it swabbed asap and wishing you the best 🙏

• Posted

he doesnt have cold sores in his mouth from what i know of. if he did wouldnt i have a oral herpes outbreak too?

• Posted

not necessarily. herpes is kinda random that way. its pretty rare to have both genital and oral type 1 at the same time. you should definitely get swabbed tho, it does look like an outbreak

• Posted

kayla, as everyone has stated get to the hospital fast and ask for valacyclovir, you will be fine, its just a virus that wont go away. we all are her for you and i just wanna let you know this is not the end of your life, you will move on.

• Posted

how long after sex did they appear?

• Posted

hi and yes i did it wasnt herpes or anything in that nature. I had a really bad breakout/ allergic reaction. Im fine thank you for your concerns and advice

• Posted

you should get a blood test. swab tests are accurate when done properly. but im almost 100% sure this is herpes. this isnt an allergic reaction of any kind

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.