Proteins for GS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Something interesting that I read about jaundice:

"...All of these toxic effects of bilirubin are reversed by binding to albumin. In fact, albumin plays a vital role in the disposition of bilirubin in the body by keeping the compound in solution and transporting it from its sites of production (primarily bone marrow and spleen) to its site of excretion which is the liver."

Albumin levels in GS patients are normal, but I'm wondering if there is no symptom improvement by supplementing it, or any similar protein. I read that whey may help or screw the liver so that's a pass to me, but would like to read some insight on people who supplement proteins.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've actually felt better and kept my bilirubin within normal range when sticking to a vegan diet with no white sugar and no white flour. I also drink plenty of green juices and water with lemon and ginger to help clean my system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.