Proteinuria for 3 weeks in a row. Should I be concerned? Orthostatic Proteinuria?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I tested positive for proteinuria (100mg/dL | +2) about 3 weeks ago. Repeated the test this week (Monday) and it showed the same results. Everything else was normal in my urine (pH, Glucose, Ketone bodies, urobilinogen, bilirubin, nitrites, leukocyte esterase, leukocytes, hemoglobin, epithelial cells, erythrocytes 0-2 hpf)

After that, I got one of those urine dipstick tests and ive been testing at home during this week. I realized that everytime I did the test in the late morning or afternoon it detected protein (100mg/dL), however, everytime I did it right after wake up (so, first void of the day) the result was "Negative" or "under 30mg/dL".

Some information about me:

I'm a 23yo male;

I have no diabetes (94mg/dL);

I have normal blood pressure;

I don't have any personal or family history of kidney damage/disease/problems;

I had a severe weight loss (~25lbs) in the past 12 months (Stopped working out and started eating normal. I always had a fast metabolism, so my weight drops really quick);

I have no symptoms (it was a routine exam);

I'm 6', 160 lbs. Was 6' 180lbs a year ago. (Muscle loss, I always had a low body fat percentage)

Never took any medications to take into consideration.

The question is: Should I be concerned? Can it be orthostatic proteinuria? (never had it before, last time I tested urine was 5 years ago - at 18yo - everything was normal)

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Blood pressure and heart rate is vital for mental and physical health being. Look after them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.