Prothiaden also known as Dosulepin and Dothiepin drug

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

My Phychiatrist has suggested I start the above drug that I never heard of for Anxiety and Panic Attacks in combination with my current drug Valdoxan (Augmentine) and Xanax and currently withdrawing from Lyrica (Pregabalin) with intention to stop completely very shortly.

Can anyone advise me on this drug please? Have you found it good etc? Any side effects?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 150mg a day for years. No nasty side effects. I certainly know if I haven't taken it. Totally wired and can't sleep. Remember it can take 6 weeks to have effct

• Posted

Yeah I think shes on about starting at 25mg 3 times a day or 25mg once a day startin off and see how it goes.

Ive been on so many different drugs now at this stage, im hoping maybe it work

• Posted

I can't pretend I'm 'normal' It's just part of a regime along with the Wellbeing Service

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Could you please tell me why you took Prothiaden and how long it took to work?

• Posted

Hi there. Was diagnosed with Anxiety, depression and stress, due to work. Took them for a couple of years. I really can't remember how long they took to have any discernible effect. They didn't stop me getting so bad, I had to leave work in 2015 

• Posted

Are you still on an anti depressant now? Do you think prothiaden causes heart attacks, i see its being taken off market for that reason.
    • Posted

Had three heart attacks in Feb this year. Had to stop instantly. Withdrawal is horrendous

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.