Protnix syptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking protonix for a week and now I have a sore throat. Can this be the cause.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's called protonix (pantoprazole) and when you get something like that, then it is called side effects.

I take protonix every day for a year now, no side effects, but yes sore throat and lack of saliva are the usuall side effects, see how it goes, this should disappear in a week or so hopefully. If not and if it really really bothers you, then go to your dr. to change protonix for something like omeprazole, esomeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole...

• Posted

The sore throat will be from aspirated extra-oesophageal reflux (sometimes referred to as LPR) .

Protonix will reduce any acid to make that refux less damaging. It won't cause your sore throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.