Protonix

Posted , 3 users are following.

Because there is no 20 mg in Tecta, how do people wean, (as Tecta only comes in 40 mg) Do they just go every other day, or take and otc with it?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't understand what you are trying to say...

Tecta-pantoprazole comes in 20mg. 

On the other hand you have your post heading- Protonix. Are you taking Protonix or Tecta? Protonix and Tecta are both Pantoprazole but they are different brands

• Posted

oops - Its Tecta

But in Canada, only comes in 40 mg.

The pharmacist said that I could ask my doctor for 20 mg of pantoprazole sodium as Tecta is Pantoprazole magnesium (similar) but she said that would be the only way?

• Posted

Yes, I take pantoprazole 20mg sometimes- You can take the 40mg every other day for 1-2 weeks and then every other 3 days for another 2 weeks.
    • Posted

So do you think it would be best to go 40 mg every other day etc. etc. as you stated, and then go to 20 mg till I get off? 

After a month do you think it will be a lot of rebound? After 8 weeks would it still be a lot of rebound? I am really nervous that is why I didn't want to start it, but otc just wasn't working even if I took bigger dosages. The doctor said 8 weeks but I was nervous, so thought I would try 4 weeks and taper off. What do u think?

• Posted

I believe 4 weeks will work, but that really depends on the time you have been taking them and how you feel in the process.  I myself never took to much and for short period of times so I can't tell you about the rebounds because I really had no actual symptoms.  Just other symptoms which after 2 years they tell me are not related to reflux or gastritis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.