Protruding veins on legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

?Can anyone advise on causes other than varicose for major protruding veins in legs?  I've had them checked as I assumed they were varicose however, that has been ruled out.

?I have to meet with the consultant shortly and would appreciate any advice so I have an idea what they are if not varicose?

?Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Usually improper valves in the veins cause the bulging itchy ness and leg discomfort. They should be able to do an ultrasound on you and see if you have veinous insufficiency.

• Posted

I have the same problem, I’m assuming mines are varicose veins. If they have ruled you out for varicose veins, what did they say was the problem? 🤔

• Posted

They didn't give me any cause.  I had the ultrasound and my veins showed that they were working fine so they told me they weren't varicose more cosmetic.  I then went to a cosmetic place to see if they could sort them and they told me they were blue and therefore they were varicose and there was nothing they could do.  I'm waiting to see another vascular consultant but I'm at a loss. Not sure even what to be asking as I asked everything when I had the scan and am none the wise but they look dreadful

• Posted

Mines are blue and very protruding. Yours do sound like varicose veins, and yes, they are shocking looking, my legs are are a mess with them, I’ve got them all over the front of my knees as well. 😱.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.