Prozac 12 Weeks in

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Its been 12 weeks since I have been put on 40 mg Prozac, the anxiety has reduced to 60% but depression has gotten a little bad since last week. I dont know should I wait it out or just give up. I got OCD Luvox worked best 5 years back didnt know when it kicked in but felt 90% relief unfortunately it gave me very bad side effects later so had to stop it but I dont know when will this drug kick in I m somewhat better than before but still not there and tired of blips, some days are fine somedays are bad just dont know what to do and I m tired anxiety did reduce but depression which I didnt have has emerged out of nowhere.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi there,

Prozac is a slow burner but you sound like you are making progress and need to be patient. I took it previously for many years and it was a god send. I came off it last year to see how i would feel without it; however, depression and anxiety came back. Ive been back on it now for 7 weeks and feel some benefit in relation to anxiety subsiding. The initial weeks of taking it were a rollercoaster of side effects but i stuck it out and I'm starting to turn a corner 😊

• Posted

Thanks lila, but I dont know since last week I have had bad depression creeping back somedays are good not close to perfect though just better and then suddenly my anxiety comes back in with a vengeance, past 1 week hasnt been good though anxiety isnt as bad as first I started on the meds but the depression definitely is worse I can let things go easily the things who used to distrub my mental peace but Its just like I m in the middle phase I feel like crying and on verge of crying but I cant get there but 3 days ago I did cry I dont know how long would I have to stick it out since most people feel relieved by week 12. Moreover the muscle tension is still there which I experienced in the starting weeks and fatigue too get hard to get out of, I m starting a new job I dont wanna start it in this condition.

• Posted

Hi

Please try not to worry about your recovery it is perfectly natural to want to cry it releases all the pent up energy inside of you, that has been suppressed . Try and sit with these sad and uncomfortable feelings, rather than resist or question them, they will pass! Do not allow them to shake your confidence in your recovery you are healing. Recovery is never straight forward some days it can be two steps forward and one step back please don't get disheartened by this, it is normal . When you are feeling tired and low, just accept it and let it flow through, you it will pass. The best thing you can do is to not fight , resist or avoid it. let it be present but try not to give it your attention its energy that needs to pass through .

You need to stop comparing your recovery to other peoples also. There is no definitive timeline on recovery it can be months for many not weeks. The medication is a tool to recovery but not a cure. Ive inboxed you a link that may help you. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.