Prozac 12 weeks stopped works or just a low?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I was very depressed for the first time in my life starting October 2016 (graduating, moving cross country, no family around, and planning a wedding). Postponed wedding and got help. I started at 10mg of Prozac December 21st 2016. Then got on 20mg in February 1 2017. Was doing EXTREMELY WELL! I was sooooo happy and no more sucidal ideation (NEVER HAD THAT BEFORE UNTIL DEPRESSION). Idk why this happened my life is wonderful. but anyways, this week Monday I started feeling low again, suicidal ideation back, and feeling as if I'm in a dream. Blurry vision and brain fog. WTF??? I thought I was doing so well??? I was so happy just 6 days ago. 

Please help. What's going on???? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Victoria,

Sounds like you had a similiar 'rise' to the depression like I did.  I had never had it before but as my therapist told me when I divulged all that has occured in my life for the previous 12 months (lot's of stressful things) it creeps up on you then bam I was out for the count!

Am speaking for myself here but I can't rave enough about seeing a good therapist to talk it out, believe me you need to get this stuff out.  That is part of the healing.  Taking the medicine is only one part of the process.  Just remember to keep eating healthy and exercising as that helps too!

• Posted

That's absolutely normal to feel as though you've gone backwards - its the way recovery works.  3 steps forwards / 2 steps back all the way.  Often these things start with prolonged stress - your body can only take so much before it boils over - hence depression / anxiety.  All the symptoms you describe are all side effects of anxiety and the medication (the medication heightens everything initially).

Throughout recovery you'll get these blips.  Frustrating though they are, they're part of recovery.  Just try and let the feelings be there, know its normal, try and relax towards them, and you'll find it'll start to ease again.

You may get more blips.  Just treat each one the same.  They'll eventually get less as you recover.

I did a long post called 'Reasons meds take so long and why you feel rubbish' which explains why we get these blips.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/reason-meds-take-so-long-and-why-you-feel-rubbish-571394?page=0#2625355

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.