Prozac and Cymbalta together?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm currently on 40mg of Prozac for anxiety after being on 20mg for four years and was doing great. It didn't quite cut it so I'm now on 40mg and I'm doing ok. Just not quite feeling right though, but so so close. So I went to see my psychiatrist who prescribed me 30mg Cymbalta to be taken with the Prozac rather than change from one to the other. Has anyone experienced taking these two together? Is it normal to take two different antidepressants for anxiety disorder? I'm really scared to start taking it but I think I need too.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, if the doctor say so then it is ok.

I know people have a combination of meds and they are doing fine.

• Posted

Hi robbie77, I just found your post and was wondering if u decided to take the cymbalta and Prozac combination, and how it's working. I would like to try this combo too. Your input would be greatly appreciated, thank you

• Posted

Also wondering if anyone takes Prozac with Cymbalta. 

If so, how are you feeling?

• Posted

Hi Bobby. I have been on 60 mg. of Cymbalta for about 12 years, but feel it isn’t working anymore. I was on Prozac about 15 years ago and it helped so I asked my doctor if he would switch me back to Prozac. He wants me to keep taking my 60 mg. of Cymbalta in the morning and then take the 10 mg. of Prozac at night. I read about getting too much serotonin and it scared me. I don’t know what to do. I don’t go back to him for two months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.