Prozac and sexual side effects?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Will the sexual side effects of prozac go away or improve in time? The sexual side effects are erectile dysfunction and findind it more difficult to ejaculate.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For me, no. It's one of the bad perks of SSRI's. Been on Zoloft, Celexa and currently fluoxetine for 20 years. The higher the dose, the more numb your brain becomes.

• Posted

If you ever decide to get off of them. Make sure it's very slow. 4-5% every 2-4 weeks to avoid withdrawals.

• Posted

Absolutely right, I takes an age to get off this poison, I'm just coming to the end of my stopping Prozac after taking 10mg for 30yrs plus, you can not take too long. My recommendation is to double the time medics say, you should then be OK. The effects can be life changing, I will be finishing two intensive weeks of medical tests next week including one and a half hours in a MRI scanner. Please be so careful. Good luck.

• Posted

Excellent on your tapering John. Exactly right. With age comes more wisdom especially with getting on SSRI's. You learn just what they do to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.