Prozac/benzo/traz

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I’m on 20 (well now 30mg) of Prozac. I take Xanax as needed which these days is often cuz of the amount of panic I have. And my doctor prescribed trazadone to take at night for sleep. Anyone know if I can still take Xanax during the day and still take trazadone at night? I know none of us are experts just wondering your opinion. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not familiar with prozac or Xanax but I am on 3.75 zoplicone at night and was not really doing anything.  My doctor who is an excellent doctor put me on 100mg trazadone to take at night with my zoplicone.  I have had the best sleeps and deep sleeps.  The other night I actually slept 8 hours and wake up with no droggines or hang over feeling.  If you take the Xanax during the day I can't see any problem with trazadone at night but I am not a doctor.  Good luck

• Posted

Hi brenda, thank you!

i am assuming zoplicone is a benzo. and you take it with your traz or before your traz? anyhow i appreciate anyones experience. thanks again.

• Posted

Zop is very benzo-esc. It only hits certain receptors as where the real benzo class hits most of them esp. Valium. Xanex is mainly used for acute anxiety it hits hard and fast. Traz and x can be taken together they use different mechanisms but it will def. knock you out and feeling relaxed. 
  • Posted

i take zop about half hour before I take trazadone then go to bed about half hour later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.