prozac bridge

Posted , 5 users are following.

using prozac to come off of effexor. any advice

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How is it working ? I was on Effexor and now on Prozac, I would say after being on Prozac two months I still get very low and have bad anxiety

Regards

• Posted

I'm not a fan of Prozac and been on it over a year switching from Celexa because of Interactions with another med. I plan on tapering off and it will be very slow. 3-5% every 2-4 weeks. I went through major withdrawals from the Celexa being too fast. Learned my doctor's are clueless on tapering slowly not sure about effexor but I'd study up on it. One can only try when it comes to switching.

• Posted

I was on venlafaxine a while back and it wasn't really helping and the side effects of a really bad so I decided to come off it I tried slow and steady dose reduction and I also tried cold turkey and both methods still brought me to a place where I was going continued withdrawal effects notably horrible brain zaps headaches and dizziness

I then decided to try the Prozac Bridge and it worked for me!!

You can also do immediate switch from effexor to Prozac at doses of 75mg and below rather than bother with a taper or a cross taper, if you really can't bear to Stomach anymore effexor.

You should firstly reduce your effects of dose to 75mg before doing the switch but it is possible to switch at 150 mg but you will probably need a longer cross taper/bridge period.

I went from 37.5 mg of effexor for 3 days alongside 10mg Prozac. Then 18.75 mg effexor with 20mg prozac for 2 days then stopped Effexor and continues Prozac at 20 mg for two more weeks

I then stopped Prozac cold turkey and had no withdrawal effects from either medication there on.

Withdrawl effects ie brain zaps were significantly reduced by the time I had completed 2 weeks into the process and at the end of the 3rd week

all withdrawal effects had gone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.