Prozac--Does the speedy feeling go away?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my 17th day on Prozac. First 10-12 days felt very little. Last few days feel like I drank a few cups of coffee and can't relax. It's not over the top stimulation but too much and is steady. Everything I read on here seems to say--give it 2 weeks and you will begin to feel better. My question is simply anyone else have this , that stuck it out and it went away? Or is this probably the effect it will continue to have on me?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I too had this. I think I expected miracles and for it to work immediately but honestly, give it time. Everyone on here advised me to stick it out, and I’m so glad I did. I am now on week eight and I have never felt better. Please, stick with it, I promise you it will work. Good luck.

• Posted

My Doc started me out very low dose... 10mg, 2-3X/week... I think this is a fine way to acclimate with fewer side effects.

He also gave me a script for Ativan .5... to deal with any anxiety felt while getting used to the Prozac.

Very common to have some anxiety at first...

• Posted

how are yiu now i too have the speedy feeling and have to go on long walks to urn it off x

• Posted

It lasted about 3 and a half weeks. I measured out 10 to 15 mg for a few days and it helped some then bumped it back up to the 20 once the speedy feeling dissipated. I was on 20 for another month and am now at 30.

It has been the perfect SSRI for me personally but as it goes with SSRI'S it depends on the individual. It might give me a slight needed lift but I feel normal, not drugged and anxiety free. So if the speedy feeling is too much for you, it might be good to lower dose short term then bump it backup rather than stop taking it, though confirm with your doctor.

• Posted

i was starting to panic. im not talking fast or doing anything erratic its just too much energy which is causing me anxiety x how long you been on it now.

• Posted

About 11 weeks. As I mentioned the uncomfortable feeling only lasted 3.5 weeks. I told my doc I wanted to switch to Zoloft at 3 weeks and he told me to give it 4 to 6 weeks first that what I was feeling was just a sign that its probably beginning to activate. It was good that I waited.

• Posted

thankyou that has reassured me. its not all day the feeling does wear off. i just find it very umconfortable. i only have 20 mg capsules so i will talk to dr tomorrow x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.