Prozac increased anxiety and panic attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was on Prozac and stopped it in May. Tapered. I wanted to lose weight and could not no matter what I did. I was fine, felt great, lost 30 lbs and bam things happen in my life again and I relapse. I have been putting off starting it again because of the side effects. So Friday I had a bad panic attack and callled an ambulance. They get so bad sometimes I just feel like something is wrong and I'm going to die. It's the worst feeling in the world. I then decided I needed to start. So I took the first one and I was just tired. I have no appetite and I'm very anxious. I'm on day 4 and last night I had another horrible panic attack in my sleep and called an ambulance again. I had two in a row then some mini ones after that. I was shaking for about 3 hrs afterwards. I felt so horrible. I'm terrified now 24/7. I am feeling a lot worse than when I wasn't on the Prozac. I can't get off the couch. Can't eat. Can't sleep. I'm nervous constantly which throws me into panic attacks. I see the doctor tomorrow finally after trying to get ahold of her for four days. I keep reading it gets worse before it gets better but idk if I can handle this. It's too much. I can't be panicking like this everyday.

I guess I'm just wondering if others have felt the same way. I'm only taking 10mg right now.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me too. About two and a half weeks ago and thought my Klonopin stopped working but now reading this forum I now know it's the flux that's working. Holding strong!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.