Prozac to Paxil?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! Desperately after some advice please! Not sure where the best place is to post this and please redirect me if I’m in the wrong place! 

I’ve been on 20mg of Prozac for 11months for GAD and did quite well. 16 days ago I upped my dose to 40mg for breakthrough anxiety. The side effects from going up were rough.. super increased anxiety and low mood. The last couple of days I have felt a little better.. however still seem to have a constant nervous energy. My dr said I can try Paxil which is supposedly good for anxiety. I don’t know what to do!! I’m thinking I should give the dose increase another week or 2? Any advice would be so good! Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it was working for you I’m surprise that they would switch it on noon. Why don’t you just increase your dosage and see what happens? I was on Prozac often on for many years and I’m starting to pack so this week. The only reason I’m changing is because my mom did well with it. If it doesn’t work I’m going back to Prozac for gad
    • Posted

They did increase the dose to 40mg just over 2 weeks ago. I’m wondering if the dose increase takes a while to kick in properly? And do you think it’s a good med for GAD?
    • Posted

Everyone is different. I’m dealing with that fact right now which is always scary. It did well for me often on over the years. Maybe wait a few more weeks. I am in that waiting game right now and going to up my dose soon too.
    • Posted

It’s so frustrating isn’t it! If only there was some kind of guarantee.. wouldn’t mind going through the side effects of I knew it was going to be effective! So you are trying out Paxil now? 
  • Posted

If it was working for you I’m surprise that they would switch it on you. Why don’t you just increase your dosage and see what happens? I was on Prozac often on for many years and I’m starting to pack so this week. The only reason I’m changing is because my mom did well with it. If it doesn’t work I’m going back to Prozac for gad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.