Prozac week 6

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI, I just finished week 6 of prozac and for two days my anxiety got worse. I was seeing some nice improvements in my anxiety in weeks 3-5, to the point I thought the rough days were behind me. I know 8 weeks is a normal timeframe to see sustanible results. Please someone give me feedback that i can use to get back on track. Thanks.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

don't worry just wait a bit it will get better with time just be patient i know its annoying to hear but just wait and keep going

you've got this

• Posted

thank you. would you say its a good sign that ive had 3 good weeks out of the first 6 weeks? also, i read anxiety can take a little longer than depression, which i dont have . i really appreciate the kind words. im a very active 40 year old professional and i cant stand not having my mojo .

• Posted

honestly when i first started i took what i could get i was stuck in bed for weeks so i think everyones journey is different but i think 3 good weeks is amazing keep up the good work

• Posted

thanks. patience is not my strong suite, but apparently you have to wait it out until the medicine does its thing. as long as there is improvement along the way i can hang in there.

• Edited

hI James

like you I have just passed week six and it was that week that things hugely improved. I was getting exacerbated with feeling good then not so good and on and on. then read it can take months. more exacerbation.

but after 6 full weeks I started making phone calls again. sent out cvs. I went out last night and had a blast! in week 7 now and the positivity better remain. I was definitely over thinking it all too...do I feel better...do I not...ugh....and made a big effort to stop that and return to keep the faith and hope. I hope you feel some peace soon

• Posted

Thanks Jen. Its just odd that week 3,4,5 were better than week 6. My anxiety has been rough the last two mornings. It is less in the afternoon and evenings thank the lord. I'm just ready for that feeling of well being that SSRi's produce. Im on Prozac 20 bc Lexapro stopped working after 6 years. Would love more feedback from people with similar stories.

• Posted

I too am on prozac 20 and never want to come off them.do you think anything small happened in week 6 to bring anxiety back. sometimes it can be just something insignificant that can be the trigger. I've definitely learned that one and to look out for it and try rationalise it and talking it out always brings it back to how insignificant it is in the bigger picture.

going to bed earlier has also helped me hugely. even though I don't sleep great I know it's the place to shut down the thoughts.

and I always go with day by day...sometimes hour by hour!...but at the moment it's day by day which is bloody brilliant.

keep your chin up

• Posted

I had a situation at work that probably triggerred it. Knowing that i would have thought it would not be a big deal or cause an anxiety relapse. How long before i get back on track? ive got 6 weeks of prozac in my system so i woukd think it wouldnt last long. Thanks.

• Posted

not long at all I would think. just knowing that it was a work situation is a huge bonus. I hate the anxiety that comes from nowhere hence you have no way of resolving it. can you sort your work situation easily enough. if you can't. ...and this is my area of expertise as my need for prozac is due to an intolerable work situation!!!!....then time just needs to pass. and the meds WILL do their job. and do something kind for yourself

• Edited

thank you so much Jen. your words really help. it has to be a trigger with work bc days before that i was doing pretty good- 85% or better. also, it just seems to affect the mornings. afternoon and nights are decent. im a christian so i will continue using prayer as well.

• Posted

Hi, i was on flouxetine for 4 weeks when i started feeling better but then because i was scared that the fullness of my ear doesn't go away and its due to ototoxicity (medication will damage ear), i stopped for 6 days. I went back to it again and i am now on day 4. I feel that my brain is foggy again. Would that mean, i have to start back again and wait another 4-6 weeks to feel better? From what i know, flouxetine has longer half life and can stay in your system for 22 days.

• Posted

hello

no I think the foggyness won't last nearly as long this time. that zombie feeling is not good. and clearly never stop your meds without the doctors advice. that was unwise. I was a full 6 weeks before the anxiety pretty much disappeared. some people are a lot longer. now I look forward to the time I get to take my prozac each day!

• Posted

like i mentioned, week 3-5 on 20mg prozac showed decent improvement until a work situation triggered my anxiety to return in week 6. its been nearly a week and im still not back to where i was in week 5. doc says its just a detour and will pass. would like feedback from anyone thats dealt with this. thanks

• Posted

Hello! I'm on my 7th day now of flouxetine after stopping for 6 days. I do regret stopping it . I never thought i had to go back again and suffer the side effects i first had the first time i took the medication. Anxiety became worse then before, lost of appetite again, foggy brain, nausea... uggh!!!! Please tell me it will soon pass!

• Posted

hi James. I agree with doc and it will pass. anything I guess anything can trigger anxiety again but hopefully to a lesser extent with prozac in you. I certainly find that. keep positive. I am now heading into week 8 and am supremely calm!!! naturally I'm afraid to say that as it could all come crashing down by tonight!!

• Posted

Thanks Jen. I wish i could say the anxiety trigger was less severe with 7 weeks of prozac, but it was about the same. its been a week now and im still sufferring. I take my ativan so i can still work and jog, but its tough. Mornings are tough, but afternoons and nights i do pretty well. Im just hoping that once i pop out of the trigger i will have a week or more prozac in me and be closer to the stable calm like i was in week 4 and 5.

• Posted

hi James

were you able to resolve your work situation to any degree. it's crap I agree but keep on keeping on. I do have faith in prozac. and patience is obviously a must. I will send out good wishes for you to keep hopeful

• Posted

it will pass I PROMISE YOU. it just all takes its own sweet time which of course we don't want to hear. I'm down to just one side affect now... broken sleep. ...but I can cope with that thanks to the calming effect of prozac. are you keeping yourself busy....I found that was essential in the first few weeks to stop the over thinking

• Posted

hey jen, the afternoons and nights are calmer but the mornings still tend to bring anxiety. mornings have always been the tougher part of the day, so its not strange that the trigger has brought it back. thanks for sending good wishes. i start week 8 today so i start seeing good results as the trigger goes away. i appreciate your support. i have 13 and 14 year old boys that all sports so id like to get back to normal so i can fully enjoy them.

• Posted

Thanks Jen.. i went back to work for two weeks but then last week was worse again maybe because i started taking it after stopping for 6 days. I'm thinking of taking a short term disability again so I can focus on my recovery. I walk in the morning for 10-20 mins, do some household chores then in the afternoon thats when nothing to be done so mostly on my bed.. uggh! I can't take a nap either..can't sleep and I'm still on zopiclone for more than a month now. One thing that makes me anxious is when to come off from zopiclone and get my sleeping habit back. But I always tell my self, " one step at a time, When anxiety get settled, your sleep will come back.." . I'm going to see my Paychiatrist today for the first time.

I was just wondering why my ears still feeling full/plugged? Its been 6 weeks already taking the flouxetine and it's not going away? SO with my blurry vision? I was thinking maybe flouxetine isn't the right med for me. Has anyone experience fullness/plugged ears when on medication?

Thanks for the reply..helps when you have someone to talk to..

• Posted

yes one needs to be well to keep up with teenagers. ...while looking after yourself at the same time. ultimately we are the ones can mind ourselves. my two are 27 and 22 so it's a little easier. now the older one lives in melbourne and is not the most together. ie often hasn't enough money to go see the doctor ...normally this gets me down but on my meds it's just...does it really matter. hallelujah! !!

• Posted

absolutely one step at a time. actually one hour at a time. with the sleeping pills I would ease up on worrying about that one. I think if I have to take them for the rest of my life so be it. it's better than not sleeping. I haven't heard about the full ears so maybe get the doc to check them out. maybe they need syringing and it just coincided with the prozac

• Posted

now im quite confused. as i mentioned, weeks 3, 4, 5 were pretty good on prozac. work triggered the anxiety to return and it has lasted over two weeks. starting to think i wont get back to where i was in week 3,4 or 5. doc gave me propanolol to help but ive not taken it yet. anyone have feedback? thx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.