Prurigo Nodularis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Diagnosed with this some 15 mos ago and the itch is incessant,so far The only treatment provided is various perscription creams that are not very helpfull.Has anyone had any succes finding relief for this affliction

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

A bath in sea salt is beneficial and also exposure to the sun may help the lesions.  Cortisone cream relieves the itching too.
  • Posted

Hello. My name is Hans and I had nodular prurigo in about two years. Went on treatments for about 2 years. Six months of intensive treatment, 3 times a week. nothing helped. After a year and a half, I was advised to learn to live with it. Impossible, cortisone in cream and ointment, injections, baths, light therapy. Bloody sheets every day. No.

Made contact with a woman in Texas. She had PN and healed with the help of Chinese medicine.

I sought out a serious "China Doctor" in Stockholm, Dr. Yang. Were given Chinese herbs to cook tea on. Acupuncture and cupping. After 3 treatments a noticeable improvement. After 10 treatments completely cured.

Has now been healthy for over 3 years

Retains a spot of about 1 square centimeter, as "fighting" one time every two months. I think this is quite ok.

This is my experience. Wish you a recovery.

Hans. S

• Posted

Very encouraging information.We are located in Florida for the next 3 months and permanant residence is ontario Canada.I will try and find away to contact Dr Yang.Thank you very much.

Joe S

• Posted

Hi Joe!

I work in clinical research and we're currently testing a new medication in phase 3 of study. It is for nalbuphine and ran through Trevi. If you are in the Southern California area, especially Orange County, I would be more than happy to help you learn more about it if you are still looking for help with this condition. If not, there are other study sites nationwide and we can certainly help get you into one. Please let me know!

• Posted

Yes I have a cure. I came down with Prurigo Nodularis in 2006 srarting with a small wound on my leg. Over the past 15 years I have been to at least 5 determanologists

and none have done any good. A total waist of time and money. They do not have a clue. They blamed me for scratching. A total cop out since they have no answers so blame the patient. I told them I don't have it because I scratch it I scratch it because I have it.

During the time I have had this desease I have had as many as 50 or more sores on my legs from my knee to my ankle and on my arms from my elbow to my wrist.

Well on to the cure. It is totally gone now . Five months ago I was diagnosised with tonsil cancer. I went thru 35 radiation treatments and 7 chemotherapy treatment. Now 40 days into recovery after the last treatment the Prurigo Nodularis is completely gone from my body. I don't know about the cancer but I do know the Prurigo Nodularis is gone. I am confident the cancer treatment cured the Prurigo Nodularis.

Please excuse the spelling. One of my week points.

Sincerely,

Charles Dolby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.