PS just discovered myself - no pain though, what should I do

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys, I read a bunch of your experiences just now.

I have had some rectal bleeding for the past 2 years, and my doctor could not figure out what it was. He figured it was hemorrhoids. Anyway, I have just spotted what looks like PS on my anal cleft. It was bleeding again, which is how I spotted it.

About a year ago, sometimes I would have a little bit of discomfort. Those symptoms have gone away completely, though, and now all I feel is once in awhile some draining occurring I think. I have some fluid on my briefs once in awhile. The symptoms are not noticeable (as I mentioned I thought I had hemorrhoids because of blood on the toilet paper), but I think when I set on a toilet I spread my butt cheecks and it opens up the wound again.

Anyway, what would you guys suggest I do? Surgery sounds pretty complex considering how many people have had recurrence, and as I have barely any symptoms this scares me. It's not like I'm in pain, just some blood. I will try to keep my butt cheeks from spreading from now on to avoid it bleeding, but I should figure out what I should do with this infection which sounds like it doesn't go away easily. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Keep it as clean as possible (Wash the area at least twice per day), remove any hair if possible from around it (Hair can cause them to stay open) and let your doc know. If you do not get many problems with it (And some dont develop all that much) then you should be OK. but have it accessed
  • Posted

    Wont washing it irritate it though? I'm not sure what caused it to flare up and bleed yesterday, well running on the treadmill did but something must've made it happen before that too. It's been on and off for the past few years although like I said I never knew it was this and thought it was just hemorrhoids.

    How can I take the hair out of it though? It's like a small wound almost no? It's dark and hard to see what I'm doing and I don't want to irritate it any more.

  • Posted

    If I were you I'd just go get it checked out (doctor's office). If you actually have a sinus (rather than just a cyst), there's probably going to be something that has to be done about it. I speak from experience when I say that the longer you leave these things the worse they can get.
  • Posted

    You must have it accessed by a doctor, washing it must be done with PH balanced products NO perfumes or aftershaves and done gently to stop any debris building up around the sinus or dimple. I would always advice getting these accesses by a doctor as they can build up over time and you must have an opening if your seeing blood. Tell them what you believe it is and ask them to check it.... Dont suffer it just keep at them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.