Psa

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am going for biopsy on Friday as mri scan showed some abnormalities in my prostrate. My psa started at 34 went down as far as 26 but went up to 44 two weeks ago only to come down to 25 today. Urologist said after my mri scan that I have possible t3b No disease and no metatasis as far as scan can see. My urinary symptoms are back to normal but I just don't understand my psa being all over the place. I thought that with my urologist saying after viewing mri scan and his above statement that my psa would continue to rise constantly till I receive treatment for it. Yet it has nearly halved in two weeks . Anyone advise please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See what the biopsy shows. Then you have more to consider. It could be prostatitis that cause elevated PSA levels. You mention abnormalities with the MRI. What did the doctor mean by that? If the biopsy indicates cancer, there are many treatment options available for you based on the findings. Wait for the biopsy. Then you will know what to do next. Hopefully no cancer cells. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

Urologist just said that my mri scan showed abnormalities within prostate gland. And possibility that it might be starting to escape the prostate.
  • Posted

A number of factors can affect the PSA reading.   Sex and/or masturbation within 48 hours is one and exercise another.   

Before my 3 monthly PSA I refrain from any activity for two days and have had consistent readings for the last two years .  

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. I'll keep that on mind before my next psa.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.