pseudo cystic smegma abscess is back -- this stinks

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am in intense pain with this pseudo cystic smegma abscess! I really hope none of you ever have this happen. I gave birth to 3 of my 5 children unmedicated, and this pain is 10 times worse than child birth!

I had a feeling this thing was coming back on Wednesday; I tried to prevent it, but was unsuccessful. I am very thankful I went to the doctor yesterday. He said all the circumstances (pregnancy, then miscarriage, surgery, hormones, etc.) were the perfect storm for this to happen. I am on antibiotics right now, but I don't think they are working.The doctor didn't want to drain it yesterday, but I am regretting that decision now. I have been on antibiotics for 18 hours and really hoping they start to work soon. I may need to go to hospital to get this thing drained if it gets any bigger or if the pain gets any worse. 

I know things could be worse, so much worse, but I tell you this disease is really stinks.  

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. This disease really does suck! Hope you feel better soon and the pain eases.
  • Posted

Mine exploded before I went to emergency. Antibiotics often have trouble penetrating a deep orb of pus, si if I were you I'd go back and ask him to drain it. I agree the pain was awful. My entire crotch was swollen rigid and so painful. This was what finally sent me to a gynae who diagnosed LS (after 40 years!)

It will heal. For me it was the final stage of my labia fusing over my clitoris, to which I have said 'adios'.

• Posted

Yes, I think the antibiotics are not able to penetrate this thing this time. I have been on the antibiotics for 24 hours now, and I have no relief; the last time I was on antibiotics for this in September the pain was gone by now. This really is terrible. The doctor's office won't be open until Monday morning. I don't know if I can wait. I may need to go to hospital tomorrow morning. I don't think I can take this much longer. This really is the worst amount of pain I have ever been in. Pain relievers aren't even taking the edge off! 

• Posted

You poor girl, I have been away...so not sure where pro are at....have you managed to get the abscess drained? Hopefully under anaesthetic ...if not do get it seen as an emergency, try not to have anything to eat or drink fo r a few hours before you go that. Way they may manage to treat it faster good luck
  • Posted

So sorry to hear of your problems mine pale into insignificance compared to what you are going through and although this won't help you I hope the support will help.
  • Posted

This sounds horrendous!!! I hope you get some help with this asap as I cannot think of anything worst!!  

Hang in there and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I haven't had the abscess drained yet! If I don't move and have a heating pad on the area, the pain is slightly dulled, but with 5 kids to run after, I can't do that! I really want to go to the emergency room to just make this pain be over, but fear I may have a doctor that is not experienced with the sensitive area and may do more damage; this abscess is right near the clitoris! This really is terrible. I never in a million years would have thought I would be dealing with this type of thing!  

I am in the US, so it is early afternoon here. The doctor's office opens at 8:00am tomorrow. I plan to be there first thing to greet him. I don't have an appointment, I am hoping he will have pity on me.  

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. I really hope none of you suffer from this. I don't know what I could have done to keep this from happening.   

• Posted

No doctor, no matter how junior, could do as rough a job as I did on myself. As soon as it was drained I was fine (with a course of antibiotics afterward). You may have mentioned five kids before, but I've been away for a couple of weeks and can't recall everyone's stories. My jaw has dropped!

For anyone else who's wondering how this happens, in my case I was having fairly frequent sex even though I was flared up and it was painful. I noticed that my labia had stuck together over my already heavily hooded clitoris. There was a visible seam with a tiny gap in it. I figure air and germs were able to get in there and grow in the fertile smegma that's cast off by the clitoris. I took matters into my own hands whenever it looked like it would swell and/or seal shut, squeezing goo out daily. Then one day it sealed over and very quickly became infected and inflamed. After a day or two of abject misery I went at it again and splooge! it was drained. Then I went to emerg. Kind of an idiot, I know. That's how I went 40 years without diagnosis – I never complained.

• Posted

Try magnesium sulphate over the wound... An old fashioned remedy that has a hygroscopic action, ie, drawing out fluid to itself, this action will often bring a boil to the head and releases some pus. Do try not to squeeze as this will bruise th already damaged tissue and may prolong the healing process. Warm sluicing with salt water may soothe it a bit.

how old are your children. Perhaps they need to help a bit more. By being too kind to them you will overdo it get over tired and make healing more difficult!

increase the vitamin c as this will promote healing. It may be a good idea to take a sample of urine for testing for sugar to your GP. Often boils and the like appear when sugar is present in the urine.

do sit and rest as much as you can. Make the little one play doctors and nurses looking after Mummy!

good luck

hope all goes well for you....have an overnight bag packed...just in case...pop it in the car to take to the GP 

• Posted

It is drained. It was painful even with drugs to numb the area. Hopeful this will cure it, but he did tell me there is a slight possibility it could come back, and then I would need surgery. I was in so much pain last night, I couldn't sleep. 

I am glad that is over. I really hope this never happens again and none of you have to go through this. Thanks for the support!

• Posted

Thank goodness! you must be feeling relieved, but exhausted, hopefully this won't happen again.  What cream are you now using in this area? 
    • Posted

Yes, I am relieved. I was so exhausted my husband stayed home a few hours so I could take a nap. I haven't slept well since Friday.

The doctor told me to keep using the clobetasol 2-3 times a week, but to be honest, as much as I really like my doctor, I don't think he knows much about LS. I think I need to find a new doctor to help me with this problem. I can't let this happen again, and I don't want my condition to get much worse. I really like the doctor but he really seems uninterested in treating LS or speaking with me about it. I get the feeling he doesn't take it very seriously. If he went through what I just went through and what all of us go through on a daily basis, he would know this is no joke!

• Posted

That sounds like a plan.  I used to love my dentist even though she was quite incompetent on many levels, and so eventually I decided I had to move on to someone who knew what they were doing.  

I wonder if it might not be better to let things "settle"  for a short while before applying Clob to that raw sensitive area? 

I'm not really too sure to be honest, as I have never experienced  an abscess in that area, perhaps someone with experience of this might know and chime in.

• Posted

Glad it has finally been treated. Is it still draining? To keep the area clean and more comfortable sluice down with normal saline...5ml salt into pint of boiled water while sitting on the loo. If there is any new inflammation take yourself back to GP a sap for antibiotics to hit this on the head, but ask for a swab to be taken to ensure you get the right antibiotic for the bug. You don't want a reoccurance

take care of yourself and rest as much as possible

sue

• Posted

My goodness I was just reading this thread! Can't even imagine how awful that experience must have been. Glad you got it sorted. Hope the area is healing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.