pseudomonas UTI - help it’s not responding to antibiotics

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, this is the first time on here.

My Dad age 69 had a lung biopsy 4 weeks ago. Luckily the biopsy came back all clear. He was discharge 3 days after the op and then ended up in A and E a day later with an infection. He was presenting with high temps, rigors and general unwell, weakness and aches. They said the infection was from unknown origin and they never tested his urine for 2 weeks and when they finally did he was diagnosed with pseudomonas UTi.

He is so ill and he has been on different antibiotics. This past 7 days he's been hammered with a triple bundle of antibiotics but his high temps are still there and now he is even more unwell from the side affects of the antibiotics.

The bundle of antibiotics they have been using are:

Metronidazole - IV

Teicoplanin - IV

Ciprofloxacin - ORAL

I'm wondering does he have a hospital caught antibiotic resistant super bug form of pseudomonas?

Does anyone have any similar experiences and can anyone offer advice?

I feel the consultant is running out of ideas with what to do next! We are in Liverpool. Can anyone recommend an expert in this area we can visit privately who might have a solution?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.