Pseudoseizures?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Am I mad!!! I think the nurse don't believe me!! well I cant remember a thing from these and now I may have lost my job due to this!!!! I work within the NHS and have been diagnosed epileptic for nearly 21 years but last July I had a status epileticus and ended up in ITU but since then every seizure I have had they have been non epileptic seizures no one believes me!! now I have an appointment with the Metal Health Department truley crazey!!! Normally I am fit and well do not suffer from anxiety of have a personality disorder or in the need to seek attention!

I must be mad!!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i fel your pain.  i too was misdiagnosed and being told by a particularly rude and lazy nurse practitioner that i need to seek psichiactric eval.  however if you live in the united states and have a hippa covered medical center you can have the wrongful diagnosis marked as wrong. i have been dealing with seizures from 6 months of age from what i was told.
  • Posted

I have had a few episodes these past few months where I go to sleep and have to be woken by my husband. I have to be more less dragged out if the car when it happened. My go referred me to a neurologist and saw her today who said I have no epileptic attacks and is asking my go to refer me got cognitive therapy. At the time, I didn't know what questions to ask. I wish I had like is it classed as a disability and will it go?

• Posted

You're not going mad. I've had a similar experience due to confidence issues. Mindfulness is a great help and if you could get into Yoga too.

• Posted

I will bear that in mind. I'm not sure about yoga though. I've recently lost my job though so, busy job hunting etc. So maybe I am having a hard time at the moment. 

• Posted

Be kind to yourself because there some basic breathing techniques with Yoga that help you focus on yourself. I have been in a similar situation where I left my job.
  • Posted

Hello, I have been having these seizures  for 3 years now . I had my first seizure after a heart scan. I was injected with radioactive tracer. I had dizziness, naseau and than I came around on the floor due to seizures. Now I am diagnosed with pseudoseizures/anxiety. I am extremly angry about this. When taken by ambulance to hospital I am given Ativan by IV ( without consent but who can give consent when you're out of it). My doctor has toyed with me by giving me 10 half mg pills of Ativan. They did help to stop the seizures and Ativan pulls me out of them in the ER, go figure? So I made a doctor's appointment as she would not renew for more pills when I had use them up for seizures. My daughter gave me equal to 1mg or 2mg from the half mg pills. In the ER I had give 2mg. I now have no option but go to see a psychiatrist according to my doctor. I am so angry. I am not faking or a attention seeker. I'm 63 years old, raise 5 children, work as a health care aid for 29 years and I have a life. My doctor toyed with me to get me to go to a psychiatrist. I am British and Irish mix with a touch of French. Me and a psychiatrist, oh help that poor soul of a doctor. So anger from all the abuse from paramedics, nurses and doctors and that is what it is, taking advantage of someone who is in no state to defend oneself when having these seizures. I'm done. I don't have the red hair of a Irish woman but I have the temperment. I usually fight to keep it under control.

• Posted

I've been having pseudo seizures now fo 10 years. I've been to Dr.s been told it's all in my head.last weekend I had 8 seizures and I couldn't remember who my family was.for a couple of days.went to the Er they said there was nothing wrong with me just need to figure out what the blockage in my brain is and fix it. I've not been able to drive or work for 5 years now. Been trying to get my disability the last time I went before the Judge he said I wasn't sick enough. But he didn't understand my kind of seizures. I also have chronic migraines all the time.and with the seizures I have memory loss. I'm on antidepressants and take topamax 100mg 2 times a day. Some times I feel like I'm going crazy I'm also high OCD.

• Posted

Dear Guest,

You are not mad. You are labeled, NEAD. I have been labeled for four years. I also have a appointment coming this December for support therapy. No one believes you because you don't bite your tongue, wet your pants and come around as good as new in minutes so these seizures are not coming from the brain but a traumatic memory. If you have a aura than it should only last moments. We are a sorry lot. I read the book, saw the movie and am wearing the t-shirt. I'm a fighter and I believe that there is so much more to my seizures. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have been a tough old bird. Believe , not they don't and they wouldn't. These seizures intrude in our life in all areas and they are most uncomfortable for those around us. They terrible for us. We are not mad just suffering...

• Posted

I'm going to a Dr.Smith on th 21 of this month they say that when your Thyroid is not working right it can cause you too have chronic migraines and Pseudo Seizures. There are 6 different things that can be wrong with your Thyroid you have to have all 6 of them checked out. You might have your Dr. Check this out for you.

• Posted

You are not mad but only in the same boat like the rest of us NEADS. I have been floating around in my boat for 4 years. The only answer is " get metal health help" from the doctors. I have been told by a psychiatrist that these are fake seizures. I also question about him about the father of psychiatry, Doctor Freud and his suicide. Freud was a piece of work himself and they follow his teachings? To us who suffer from these "seizures" they are very real and we are not mad. Just keep taking care of number 1, yourself and what you need and not what they want you to need. It's a no win for the suffer because they have no answers for the question " why us". 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.