Psoriasis arthritis treatment help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically I started with psoriasis when I was 16 then my ankle swelled up and I tried methotrexate, embrel and Humira along with steroid injections and nothing helped, only made me poorly.

I have since scratched all of the drugs and been without for 3 years, I’ve been back to the rhumy and they are saying I should try secukinumab. I’m just wondering if anyone has tried it and how are the side effects?

Hannah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi hanna i have recently started seckunimab after becoming immune to other biologicals!! I started on 150mg but it had no affect after research i found a lot of other people were on 300mg i have since asked my reumy to up the dose and since being on 300mg i have started to feel a lot better it has taken 5 months but the last two i have improved dramatically good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Hannah 

There is also another injection called Cimzia. touch wood so far I have had no side effects in the 16 months I have been on it. 

Best wishes 

Robert 

• Posted

Hello Hannah

Sounds like a new Biologic medication, they will not give me Biologics because I cannot take DMARDs 

If you are in the UK and getting this Biologic alone that seems a great improvement from drugs being rationed because of nast side effects of the DMARD

Bite their hands of, if that is the case. Let us know how you get on

Good Luck

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.