Psoriasis from Enbrel?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Enbrel 50mg weekly injections for about 10 months now. In the last couple months I noticed first a dry scaly patch of skin on my left elbow. I put some of my eczema cream on it and it hasn't helped. About 2 weeks ago I noticed the base of my scalp has become itchy, and dry too. It's got the same scaly look at the rash on my eblow, and now also above my right ankle. So long story short, my research shows it could be psoriasis which can happen on Enbrel. This seems strange because isn't Enbrel used to TREAT psoriasis? Anyone else out there who has experienced this as a side effect of Enbrel, and if so did you have to change biologics? I swear the fun never ends with all these autoimmune diseases and the meds to treat them...

Thanks for any insight, and I'm seeing a dermatologist next week too.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am on Oriencia and I have developed Psoriasis.  My Rheumatologist wants to put me on another biologic. She told me that as long as I continue with Oriencia it will only get worse. How do I know it’s Psoriasis, I had a biopsy done.  Nasty stuff.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. I wonder if it's just the TNF blockers that have this side effect, or if it's all biologics. The Enbrel isn't working so great anymore anyway, so I think it's time for a change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.