Psoriasis is a pain in my butt.. Literally.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive been dealing with itchy red skin in small area on my rear.  Ive always tried to keep quiet and just deal with it but now its spread so much.. Its been over 10 years when I first noticed it.. But now it has passed my boxer area and on the back of my thighs and upper portion of my hip..  

?I finally showed my doctor and he did say it is psoriasis.. Gave me a cream to put on it but didn't want to go with strong dose because he said it may cause more problems for me in the future.. So I went with a very low percentage of cream he prescribed. To me it seemed that it was still too dry.. So ive been using my own fungal creams and sometimes relieve itchiness.  But this is all over my rear.. So anytime that I sit its basically irritating the area.. I'm not extremely over weight.. My bloodwork all passes with flying colors so I'm not on any other type of medication. I don't smoke. I drink very little.. But I work days and night shifts.. So sleep is my big flaw.. And I do notice with little sleep I itch all day and am tender in the inflamed areas.. I have to scratch it to atleast soothe the pain.. I have to.. Ive tried not to scratch and its worse.. If I scratch areas vigorously then atleast I will get relief and be able to sleep or continue on with what I am doing.. currently I'm trying Vaseline product to keep area moist.. I did try to go a couple months without applying anything to see if it was actually true but then my inflamed areas spread.. I'm not sure how much longer I can hide this.. Its embarrassing and wearing me down..    

?I'm only 35 and this itchy embarrassing skin disorder is wrecking me emotionally..

?Is this caused by any other type of infection?  Is it going to be genetic?  no one else has talked about it in my family.  Can someone please fill me in on what to try?

?Last night I slept 13 hours because I was in such pain and this morning/afternoon I feel great with very minimal itching.  But I cant do this everyday for the rest of my life.. Its impossible..

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Calamine lotion does nothing for my psoriasis. What works better for me is apple cider  vinegar and glycerine mix in spray bottle on hot humid days especially. Also I use coal tar psoriasin gel available otc to shut it down works every time as well as steroid cream occasionally as it thins skin.Sometimes it can be stubborn mine is much worse in winters. Sunshine in summer tends to clear my plaque psoriasis up not so much palmoplanter on palms and feet. Have to stay away from soaps with sos and only use natural soaps and lotions. Drinking a lot of water stay hydrated also is a big help.

Psoriasis has been in my family for generations. I have had this my whole life. It gets to be a challenge at times but hopfully you too have found what works for you to manage this disease. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.