Psoriasis it scalp ....is it nits or psoriasis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

A question what does the scalp psoriasis feel like....I read it is like a burning....My worst psoriasis does not have any itch...but over the top of my head I get these singular on a point itch feelings often like a light touch....recently a lovely little creature gave me nits...I believe I am rid of the and have no sign...however now I dont k ow what Im feeling and spendibg a lot of time washing!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Jennifer, Psoriasis on the scalp in normally round the ears and the back of the head from the hair line going up about 1- 2 inches. and is an irritation rather than an itch.

Mike

• Posted

I understand exactly what you are going through. I had nits years ago and there are times when my psoriasis acts up it feels like I have little creepy crawlers in my hair.  I understand completely.  Have you tried using a dandruff shampoo?  I have noticed since starting to use one it has helped with the crawling sensation and itching

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.