Psoriasis OR NOT ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

You know, the funny thing is when i had the first symptoms of Psoriasis, i was in Africa. I visited my GP and gave me antibiotics and some creams, and he said nothing to worry about. It relieved me for some time, but it flared up after 2 months. I went home (UK) and i visited my local GP and was diagnosed with Psoriasis and was given " again" antibiotics and some creams.

I decided to go private, as this situation stressed me out. I went to a renowned nutritionist at Harley Street, and after a brief meeting i was asked to do some tests

(Blood, urine, and Microbial Organic Acids test), That cost me an arm and a leg.

I went back to my work in Africa, and while waiting for my results, i was asked to pay a consultation fees (hefty amount) on SKYPE. The meeting lasted 30 mins but, The reports were read, and i was advised that, i will be sent a list of medications and ........ and it would be best that (since i live in Africa) to buy 4 months course. I received the list by mail, and the prices were exceeding the initial consultation fees by far, for 1 month.

However, the funny thing, i was not told what i am diagnosed with. I still have the lab tests and the medication list, but i wish to have medications from different source.

If i am to be allowed to display my report, (omitting the headings and all private details) together with the medication list) for any nutritionist that might be able to shed some light and help me in my misery. Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if it is Psoriasis but the paying over skype sounds fishy. I'm not certain about the rules but I would imagine its ok to post your tests HOWEVER I would be sure to cover your name, important numbers etc and take peoples responses with a grain of salt.....

Even with treatment Psoriasis may come back especially under stress. 

• Posted

HI Catherine

this is the report together with the medication on the last page. Hope this cold help

• Posted

Antibiotics don’t help psoriasis or viral rashes caused by example shingles or yeast. The dr would have on the prescription bottle why they were prescribed if not a simple email to the office to find out why antibiotics were given .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.