PSVT and propranolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had psvt for years. I go for months without it and assume I'm cured and start drinking caffeine drinks and wine again and, BINGO, it's back again. You would think I would learnsmile Ive just had propranolol prescribed (40mg per day in 2 doses). Anyone have any experience or advice with this drug? Should I supplement CoQ10 for example. Any guidance would help. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Never taken propranolol before but have been on Metoprolol. Propranolol is more sedating. You don't really need to take any supplements with it. It doesn't deplete Coq10 like statins. Have you thought about getting a ablation? My episodes usually only happened after alcohol but I went ahead with the ablation as I didn't want to live life with restrictions. I am just about a month out. I am hoping it worked but all and all I got way to stressed out before the procedure than I needed to be.

• Posted

Thanks Rickper. I've thought about ablation but my docs haven't recommended it yet. If diet, meditation, a complete change in attitude and lifestyle and these meds don't control it, I'll certainly consider ablation seriously.

• Posted

Lifestyle and meds will help but it became hard to be out and turn down a drink or two
    • Posted

That would have been my answer before this last round of psvts. I know the darn thing is triggered by alcohol so I'm flat out done now. Beside, I've consumed enough for 1 life already so....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.