PSVT episode - how long before going to hospital?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Episode is at 7 hours now and wondering when I should go to the hospital (I really don't want to). All the normal tricks aren't working. Rate is about 135 bpm.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's a long time for your heart to be beating that fast. I guess it depends on how you feel? Do you feel dizzy, lightheaded or like your gonna pass out? Have you tried putting ice on your face or dipping your face in water with ice. Also laying down with your feet elevated.

• Posted

Nicole, I would agree that is a long time for your heart to beat that fast. I would recommend you go to the ER or at least call your regular doctor for his or her advise.

• Posted

I would head there as soon as possible. Seven hours is quite a long time to go at that pace. It's not scary, best of luck.

• Posted

Thanks all! Thankfully, shortly after posting this question I tried a new trick that I read always worked for someone else (standing on my head. Crazy, I know). Worked immediately. I guess I'll add that to my bag of tricks when nothing else works. Luckily, other than getting winded very easily, I don't get horrible side s effects and I can function fairly normally when having an episode.

Thanks again.

• Posted

You should always take a metrophol 25 mpg then if it doesn't stop in an hour take another one

• Posted

They say as soon as possible.. you don't want to wait HOURS because it will leak to a heart attack. Your triponen levels will elevate and that's not what you want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.