Psychiatrist switched me to lorazepam from valium

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok I've been taking Valium 7.5 mg Valium-am 5.0mg at noon 2.5mg at 4pm and 7.5mg at bedtime. Now I take 1mg clonazepam am and pm and 5mg of Valium at noon and 2.5mg at 4pm . Can anyone tell me the equivalent 1mg clonazepam = how many mg's of Valium

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think the normal Clonazepam - valium equivelant is 1 mg Clonazepam to 20 mgs Valium. 

Have you switched to lorazepam? If so how did that go and what dose were you switched to? I'm asking as I'm trying to taper Valium and having a hard time with the delayed withdrawals due to its very long half life , thanks., I can't ever figure out when the WDs will hit and they last a long time for me after a few micro cuts. 

• Posted

I'm on clonazepam 1mg to replace 7.5mg of Valium morning and night.

• Posted

Also 1mg of clonazepam is no where near 20mgs my psychiatrist told me around 8-10mg of Valium

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.