PTSD and Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is going to be a long one but here goes.

When i was 16 (now 29) I was sexualy assulted (raped) on a night out with my sister and her boyfriend at the time yes i know i was underage but we have all done it, im not going to go into detail about it. My sister wasnt bothered she was more interested going back into the club her partner was there to comfort me the police were called i had an interview but couldnt go through the court proceedings so i dropped the charges was just all too much for me. I never got any support from no one until recently before now i just tried to block it out but it has had a massive impact on my life since it happened i suffer with PTSD and really bad Anxiety. My question is would i ve rewarded PIP for this sort of PTSD and Anxiety?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh Sonia, what a horrible thing to read about! Please take my advice and don't leave this, insist on seeing someone and as soon as possible. You need support, PTSD can make you really sick. I left it for well over 25 years. I was raped twice, it's taken an eternity to learn to trust, speak about my past or even think about it. Some days I just simply shake! I am trying to get pip too but because I have depression, PTSD, IBS and diverticulosis, I have to fight for pip. I think I need support as I live with Dyslexia and Dyspraxia too. I would fight for what you can, but I still have to fight as the company are thick and think because I don't have toileting needs according to them (even though my bowel complaint can put me in hospital) due to being chronically constipated, it's not enough for them! I'm slowly giving up hope.

• Posted

I have PTSD symptoms, I've not been diagnosed, mine is actually called cPTSD as it occurred whilst I was a child upto 14-15 yes old, I'm now 48, and I received PIP with my symptoms, Severe anxiety, Panic attacks,Temper issues, Flashbacks, nightmares, and losing relationships and friends through my symptoms, and trust issues, I got Daily living PIP, now though I have severe arthritis in both knees and lower back, but I got PIP Before I got arthritis, So as long as your Doctor could back up that you've raised your issues with him/her, It's worth giving it a try, but don't take my word for it, as you probably know the DWP and PIP assessors can pass or deny for any slightest reason, I hope this helps a bit

• Posted

I have PTSD symptoms, I've not been diagnosed, mine is actually called cPTSD as it occurred whilst I was a child upto 14-15 yes old, I'm now 48, and I received PIP with my symptoms, Severe anxiety, Panic attacks,Temper issues, Flashbacks, nightmares, and losing relationships and friends through my symptoms, and trust issues, I got Daily living PIP, now though I have severe arthritis in both knees and lower back, but I got PIP Before I got arthritis, So as long as your Doctor could back up that you've raised your issues with him/her, It's worth giving it a try, but don't take my word for it, as you probably know the DWP and PIP assessors can pass or deny for any slightest reason, I hope this helps a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.