PTSD diagnosis. On 50mg of sertraline for 6 months now.

Posted , 2 users are following.

After a horrific stalking situation that lasted over two years my therapist diagnosed me with PTSD and was very helpful to a point, but i felt my mind changed from the transpired events and just wanted to feel more joy, focus,...all those thing we hope for in the day to day and to decrease the low lows and rumination.

Complicate this with a major health problem causing me to be in the ICU for a month and now on the wait list for organ transplant its just been too much back to back. Ive never taken anything before so I was hesitant. Being told 50mg is not alot and sertraline is the mildest easiest for most patients i decided to try it. Seems to have been working, but when i went up to 75mg i felt numb and not

myself so back to 50mg i went.

i see most people commenting about wanting to come off it and withdrawal. This concerns me about being on it too long or what the reasons were that made people want to come off it. My psychiatrist is great and feels sertraline is perfectly safe. Im just reading about the many who disagree and Id like more details please. I want to hear everything my

psychiatrist hasn't told me.

thank you all in advance!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It’s not my personal experience; but, I saw your post and did some research. Most people are satisfied with sertraline 50mg. Some people experienced shakiness, depression, decreased appetite and menstrual changes, but it was only during the initial consumption. Hope this was helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.