Pubic cather

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I am a 50 yr old married mum and wife I hope you can help me.

I had a super pubic cather and botox put in 7 days ago after only 2dys to prepare .

I am finding it very hard to come to terms with ,i have two question lying on either side causes discomfort will this go eventually.

And I still have a very strong feeling of wanting to go to the loo the whole time.

I have primary progressive MS so lying in one position causes me to spasm

I had massive urgency and bladder spasms

I am thinking of getting it removed will I ever settle with it

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

MARY SORRY  TO HEAR. ABOUT UR ISSUES FOR WHAT ITS WORTH IT TOOK ALMOST A  YEAR FOR ME TO ROUND INTO A PLACE WHERE ITS WORKING AS IT SHOULD -AS A MALE MY ISSUES WERE SLIGHTY DIFFERENT BUT LIKE U VERY UPSETTING-MY SP WAS THE RESULT OF RADIATION FOR PROSTATE CANCER-THE KEY TO MY SUCCESS WAS BEING INTRODUCED TO THE HYPERBERIC CHAMBER THERAPY-WHICH REPAIRS THE BLADDER AND THE RELATED PARTS IT CONSTITED  OF SIXTY TREATMENTS OF TWO AND A HALF HOURS  MIND U IT TOOK FORTY TREATMENTS BEFORE I STARTED TO SEE REAL RESULTS -I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS AVAILABLE IN THE UK BUT IT IS WORTH UR CHECKING OUT—DONT DISPAIR I KNOW UR FRUSTRATION HOPE THIS IS OF. SOME HELP 😇ROBERT

• Posted

Hello, 

I wanted to reply to you becuase I was in this very situation last week. I have been dealing with a urethral stricture all my life. I have been luck enough to the point where I am able to urinate even if there is slight pain, and frequency is increased. 

However, I was fed up with my condition and saw a urologist. What what supposed to be a cystoscopy, and a dilation turned into having an SP catheter installed. I had no time to repair as I was due for surgery right after I was informed. 

I woke up to a tube coming out of me. I was motivated when I first left the room. 2 days later my motivation took a hit, and I was hopeless. I am a very active 30 year old male, who loves the outdoors. I was unable to remove myself from my couch because every other spot hurt. I couldnt sleep, eat, use the restroom freely, and felt useless. 

The third night my bladder had spasms, and i had the urgency to urinate for 3 days. I went to the ER because my bladder felt as if it wasnt emptying. They asked me If i was able to pass urine on my own, and I was. To my relief the doctor told me he was removing the SP. I was so relieved. 

instantly I was myself again. 

I will go back to my urologist and plan the next step. If I am to do to the SP catheter again, I want to be prepared. To know that i will have some down time.

I hope this helps, and wish you a speedy recovery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.