Pudendal nerve

Posted , 5 users are following.

i saw my dr. yesterday. She said the vulva skin has improved. She told me to continue to use the Clobetasol ointment twice a day. She also prescribed the hormone replacement, YUFAFEM to be inserted vaginally a few times a week. When she did the swab test only one area burned terribly. It is in the inner left side. She said it could be a trapped nerve. I have peripheral neuropathy in both feet due to taking MACROBID for 9 months to try to ward off UTI'S. I am considering Accupuncture. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi hope this works for you . Wondering if its a pill form to insert? My cream seems to help inside but always raw outside and this urogyno says put outside too. Can't get this right.

• Posted

Hi Yolanda,

It is a pill to be inserted. i just use the clobetasol ointment on the outside and use a baking soda wash after urination. Best of luck.

• Posted

I believe that it was acupuncture that cured my vulvodynia - after each session i felt noticably better. Vulvodynia can be casued by trapped pelvic nerves. Acupuncture is effective for neuropathic pain. It will probably help your feet too. I had western/medical acupuncture which is based on the nervous system rather than the channels / meridians in traditional / oriental acupuncture. I highly recommend it. You can find a medical acupuncturist near you on the British Medical Acupuncture Society website.

• Posted

Hi Suki,

Thanks for the advice. I live in the U.S. but I will check out western accupuncture. I am so glad it helped you.

• Posted

Hi Suki,

I have a question regarding accupuncture. Where are the needles inserted for the vulvodynia? Thank you.

• Posted

Hi,

I DECIDED TO TRY PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR THE PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY IN MY FEET. I ALSO SAW MY GYN SEVERAL DAYS AGO. SHE AGREED THAT I SHOULD TRY PHYSICAL THERAPY. I WAS TOLD THAT MICRO VAS THERAPY MIGHT HELP ME MORE THAN ACUPUNCTURE. THEY ALSO HAVE ACUPUNCTURE. MICROVAS IS WHERE GEL PATCHES AND WIRES ARE ATTACHED TO THE CALVES. THE MACHINE PULSATES THE NERVES FOR 10 MINUTES. AFTER THE SECOND TREATMENT YESTERDAY MY FEET ARE WORSE THAN BEFORE. I NOW HAVE BURNING AND CRAMPING THAT I NEVER HAD BEFORE! IT ALSO HAS AFFECTED THE NERVES IN THE VULVA CAUSING SEVERE BURNING. I AM SEEING THE THERAPY GROUP ON MONDAY. DO YOU THINK ACUPUNCTURE COULD HELP? I WAS DOING WELL WITH VULVA BURNING THANKS TO CLOBETASOL AND YUFAFEM. THANKS.

• Posted

at this stage you could benefit from some nerve pain medication (not opioids) like lyrica and amitriptyline. that cream is not enough

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.