Puestow Procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

I would like to give a update, I haven't posted for a very long time. My name is Tina and i am 59 years old and i had a Puestow procedure last July. This is a major surgery, i will try to post a link. Since my procedure i am still sick and i have Pancreatits very regularly just got out of the hospital again 3 days ago. With this prodedure the head of the Pancreas is still there, which since 3 weeks after my surgery i started getting more attacks. Come to find out there is a blockage in the head of the Pancreas, you guessed it now have to have the head of the Pancreas removed-Whipple Procedure. I will become diabetic immediately since no insulin will be produced. So odd i have always been afraid of Diabetes, even more so than cancer- 2012 i had kidney cancer removed and doing great. I am to see my surgeon next month in Chicago and he will set up surgery for next July as it will be a year since the Puestow procedure. I am currently doing better but know there are more attacks coming and each attack just takes more and more out of me !

Thanks for letting me share my story !

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.