Puffy eyelid, extra crease and puffy fold

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there

I am having all kinds of problems with the skin above my eyelid at the moment! It is like an extra fold and crease and v unsightly- i can send a picture...

I was wondering if you could help at all or knew what this could be?! It isn't painful just very unsightly!

it is like a big puffy crease cutting through the middle of my eyelid, almost looks like fluid on it sad

i had it for a month a few weeks ago and it went partially- now it is back

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lucy,

Have you been to the Dr. to see if it is internal or external problem?

Thinking of you,

Lynda79

• Posted

Dear Lucy,

Do you sleep on your stomach? If so fluid goes to head. My grandmother said to use pillows to elevate head. Try your back and elevation and see if it drains.

What did Dr. say as to the problem?

Sorry this is happening to you.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lucy, I had an allergic reaction to a new eye shadow which developed into an infection in my eye lids. I was given an antibiotic eye ointment and told to use it for 10 days but ended up using the whole tube which took 2 months! Although my eyelids are not as puffy as they were they are still hypersensitiven and like you I have a lot of excess skin which folds over. Makeup ( even hypoallergenic) does aggrivate it but I' m sure isn't the cause as I gave up using makeup for 2 Months and my eyes never returned to normal
  • Posted

Hi Lucy

I know this was ages ago but I have the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out how to sort it out?

• Posted

HI SAM

just wondered if you found a solution? As I’ve had this problem for months and the dr hasn’t been helpful. It all started for me through a blocked eye gland which has now developed into a fold on my  eyelid which is particularly worse in the morning

• Posted

I don't know if this is similar to what I get when I cry before sleeping or don't get enough sleep but my sometimes eyelids turn weird and gets extra creases. I still get it sometimes but I got this years ago which I couldn't get rid of for a while, and I thought it was permanent. 

Now everytime I get it I'd either put a cold compress over my eyes/wash face with cold water and dry (so eyelid is still a bit sticky after when it's dried after water) and then move your lid into the position it should be and gently rub your eyelid from the side of your nose to outwards. Keep doing it and try keep your eyes from looking down or blinking too much for a while when you're doing it, if that doesn't work i put a bit of bio oil on my eyelid and do the same thing, works everytime. Hope it helps someone !

• Posted

i tried to do a homemade eye serum and it really worked to lift the eyelid and tight the area, i also had an extra crease formed and it faded so i have one crease now thank God.

the eye serum ingredients:

1 spoon almond oil

1/2 spoon camphor oil

1 cap of vit E

1 spoon of jojoba oil

squeezed water out of green tea bag

half or 1 spoon grape seed oil

1 and half coconut oil.

put them in a glass roller bottle and keep rolling clockwise on the orbital bone and on eyelid especially before sleep

hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.