Puffy eyes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I’m 48yrs old and in last 12mths I’ve had maybe 3 periods. I’ve put on so much weight on my belly but does or has anyone had s problem with their eyes? Mine weep a lot & sometimes are dry/swollen with a lot of puffiness???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness yes yes yes!!!! Eyes are so dry now especially my right eye, I wake up in middle of night to use bathroom, and right eye so dry feels like sandpaper, left too but not as bad as right one, and it feels like someone's pulling on my eyeballs so weird, mouth and toungue dry as well, and I had the Law in eye surgery when in my twenties and had my perfect vision again.. But not anymore not only can I not see far again anymore I can't see close either so blurry and super duper dry yuk sucks all this crappy symptoms...

• Posted

Thank you ladies, at least I know it’s probably down to my hormones most likely.
  • Posted

hi yes I'm the same have put lots of weight on my tummy and nothing will shift it. does anyone know if this weight will disappear after through the menopause?

• Posted

No Anne it doesn't. Unfortunately, our bodies gain fat weight on the belly in an attempt to give us some estrogen (specifically estrone) from our fat cells.  This is why most older women have big bellies.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.