Puffy face

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have been on salfasalazine and methotrexate for a while. My face has just puffed up. Should I reduce my dose.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy that's alwful bless you, I would ring the hospital first I think and see what they say, I hate all these side effects they are worse than the condition at times and mess your body up in my opinion. I hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Thank you. I am away in Lanzarote but will ring my rheumatologist when I get back. 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of your plight. But you do not know if it is due to your meds or you if you have something else going on. You should ask your rheumatologist, not us non-medical people.

• Posted

:ouch

I would telephone your physician first.

Not to worry, many other effective medication is available.

hugs

• Posted

Puffy or moon face is usually attributed to steroids such as prednisone, are uou taking steroids?
  • Posted

I have been on prednisone for a while now. My face is all puffy from the moon face prednisone can give you. It is pretty common, but I would still call your Dr. Anyway to rule out an allergic reaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.