Pull ups

Posted , 4 users are following.

can some one please recommend a pull up that does not leak please

UK ONLY THANK YOU

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well, it depends on different factors, there's not one best for all. First, be sure to use an appropriate pants over the protection to let this fitting closer to your body, it should tighten but not too much to squeeze the wet protection. It makes a big difference, you need to find out the pants that works the best for you. Try some lycra or sport pants, very elastic.

Best pull-ups could be AbriFlex by Abena with highest level of absorbency (I think it's 3), or the Tena Pants Maxi (the one with all the absorbency drops on the packaging).

Anyway for my experience, pullups leak a lot. Not infallible but regular nappies hardly leak, with the adhesive closing tabs you can have the perfect close fitting for your body and the absorbent area is wider. You could give a try to these too, less fashionable and easy to pull down and up when you need the bathroom but also much easier to change when you are out, without need to undress you, and a real peace of mind (that is one of the most important factor for me). Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi or Ultima are the best for me, this is what I would use if I need to be totally secure there will be no leaks.

• Posted

I guess nappies for adults may work best. But they would be uncomfortable. I think you should practice holding your pee.

• Posted

All pull ups have capacity to leak. Its not possible to find a pull up that will not leak at least a little. What you need to do is use the pull up as a backup and use the toilet even though you have a pull up on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.