pulled muscle

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had an operation on my foot, i'm in a non weight bearing cast. When using my crutches i felt like i have pulled a muscle along side of my breast. Does anyone know any treatment that i can use. I have been using ice pack, but i am not allowed to take ibuprofen, and obviously need crutches to get around, but causing a lot of pain. Any advice or help would be grateful

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have been leaning on your crutches under your arm, and taking your weight through your armpits, no wonder you have pain.

The top of the crutches or underarm are not there to lean on or even take any weight, all your weight should be carried through you arms and hands, make sure the hand grips are at the right height for you to grip with comfort, other than that use elbow crutches, much easier than full length crutches.

I used elbow crutches post hip replacement twice over, brilliant, and I have serious arthritis in my hands and wrists and had to go very carefully until I got used to the crutches, but with practice they work well.

• Posted

I have only been using the elbow crutches. I fell landed on my knee, but my arms were still in elbow crutches and stretched my arms which caused the pulled muscle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.