Pulling pain on right side esp when walking and driving

Posted , 4 users are following.

Week 8 after my Tah had many big fibroids removed had infection for 2 weeks after was having wound dressed every other day till week 6  not back in full time work yet i have pulling pain on right side when walking and the last 2 - 3 weeks my sleeping is terrible last night i had 4 hrs 20 mins sleep( fit bit told me lol ) i have night sweats and sleep with the fan on all night quilt on quilt off feel so tired in the day i dont nap during the day on the hope i will sleep better at night nit had any Hrt but going doctors tomorrow i feel i need a couple more weeks off work as i work 40 hr on my feet and up and down stairs / ladders in the day any views will be appreciated thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Teresa I’m 12 weeks today post total hysterectomy and readmission  following haemorrhage & infection.  I’m now back at work but I’m struggling  with sciatica and nerve type pain deep inside so going to doctors tomorrow. 

My first 3 weeks post op I wasn’t sleeping, the sweats were horrendous as were the blues but I started on HRT Gel daily post surgery and it’s the best decision I made, my post menopause symptoms have all resolved and I feel really well apart from nerve pain. 

Hope u start feeling well soon. 

• Posted

thank you so much for that i feel such a wimp at not being back at work etc bless you you sound like you have been through it too hope all goes well tomorrow for us both will let you know how things go it does make you feel better when someone replies like your not the only one out there be in touch soon
  • Posted

Hi it's been 8 weeks since my opp was having night sweats and hot flushes started hrt and they have all but gone although I'm looking into natural remedies thanks to Welsh girl I'll stay on them till I sort it out. As for sleeping I'm still only 3-4 hours I'm also not back at work it depends on your job I do a lifting job with lots of bending my doctor would not let me go back

• Posted

Hi been doctors today said take evening primrose and a few other natural things like she said it is hormones hope to be back at work in 2 weeks hrt not even been mentioned but will ask if things dont improve many thanks for your reply nice to know and feel i am not the only one
  • Posted

Im 12 weeks out from a lap hysterectomy and an AP repair. I had some healing issues near the cervical incision site. Its healing and I’m back at work, I did take 10 weeks off work. I still have abdominal pain and I cant wear tight clothes yet. I had insomnia for about the first 6 weeks. I didnt sleep during the day either to help me sleep at night. I sleep better now but i wake up early. I’m on HRT and it’s helped. Just takes time to regulate. Hope you start feeling better soon. Good luck with your appointment. 
  • Posted

Hi had my tah 5 years ago.surgical menopause goes on for ever still can't sleep at night .use gel pillow. Lots cold water and flannel round neck on and off .Had two prolapases since and dropped bowel .start your pelvic floor exercises was not told to do this. Went back to exercise classes thinking good for me but everything weaker inside and think this contributed to prolapses. Now 5wks post op 2nd repair and posterior aswell this time. Have learnt no more lifting heavy objects high energy classes. Just walking swimming. Took Tesco menapause tablets found helped a bit.no hrt. But started oil primrose and cod liver oil really helped with tiredness. If you don't take hrt ask about eostregeon. Have just been prescribed this for four months to inset into vagina supposedly will strengthen vaginal wall don't know why they didn't give this to me 5 years ago when knew was not going to take hrt.

Weight increase is likely but expect lengthy recovery time and don't over do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.