Pulmonary embolism?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a 28 year old woman, for over three months  i've been having Severe shortness of breath and deep chest pains, pain in ribs and back, fatigue, numbness and extreme coldness in feets and underlegs, red/blue colour in fingernails and sometimes really blue feets/toenails, high pulse and  dry cough. Pulse oximeter test, ecg, d-dimer, ultrasound of the heart are  normal. No chest x ray or ct scan has been taken. Could this be a pulmonary embolism although d dimer test is normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

there can be more false negative d dimers.

simply ask for well formula 2 issued by nice guidelines 

if you tick any of the boxes and it sounds as if you mpight request a ct scan as xrays don't show up pe

What were your oxygen levels >96 is less? 

Hope this helps 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I do not live in the uk and english is not my native language. Pulse oximeter test showed 98 %... 
  • Posted

i often have high pulse with irregular heartbeats; 110-120 ( at rest) sometimes higher, but i also have weak pulse, i can barely feel it at times.  My breathing is shallow, its hard to take deep breaths. I get out of breath just by talking...
    • Posted

I have advised you look up 'nice guidelines' and then read 'wells formula2' and see how many points you have .

over 3 all good chance of pe 

therefore go to hospital demand they assess you on this formula and request a ct 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.