Pulmonary embolism

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wondered if anybody still gets breathing difficulties after a pulmonary embolism.

I had my P.E last April and I'm still getting breathing problems when going up stairs or walking up a hill , anyone else have these problems ????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Murv, I'm only three months on since my PE's and I kind of have to catch my breath now and again but nothing too alarming. It's certainly better than it was at the start of it all when it was more noticable. Suppose everyones going to be different on how big the clots were/are. I was told mine were relatively small thankfully. 

• Posted

My episode was in October and today we were cleaning out the garage ( someone bought my house) and I had a coughing spell and couldn't catch my breath and just got so weak and tired. Now let me tell you I had 4 helpers doing 98% of the work. So I wasn't over doing it. I just had a bad spell. So yes, we get them

• Posted

hi Murv I had my PE in August.I am steadily improving but today was really bad walking up small incline for only a short distance then 10 minute walking. Breathing really painful. Exhausted. I was told it can take a year or more to fully recover. I get really good days. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

hi Murv I had my PE in August.I am steadily improving but today was really bad walking up small incline for only a short distance then 10 minute walking. Breathing really painful. Exhausted. I was told it can take a year or more to fully recover. I get really good days. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi, you aren't alone, I had a massive pulmonary embolism last Feb and I struggle every day .. it's rubbish feeling like this ! Let's hope it gets better 

• Posted

Thanks everyone it's good to know it's not just me , it's been nearly a year now since I had massive PE in both lungs , and I proper panic when my breathing gets bad , can't tell weather I've got another Pe or is it just me being stupid lol

• Posted

It is so good to know we are all learning together how to cope and expect good days along with bad days. But whilst we are on blood thinners clots can not get worse. We are all doing well. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.