Pulmonary embolism

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have been in plaster cast for 10 weeks for fractured foot was taking clexane but went away at weekend and forgot them I a man experiencing right upper back pain radiating into my neck. Much worse when I am laying down and breathing in. Have a mild cough and heaviness around my chest but not sure if that is just me being a little anxious

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam

I had a THR in February 2017 and in March after I had finished taking my blood thinners I had similar symptoms to you even having the pain lying down. I ended up in A and E to be diagnosed with blood clots in both my lungs, I had been diagnosed a couple of days earlier with a clot behind my knee. Long story short the dr said to me that blood thinners leave your system very quickly so you missing a couple of days may be the reason you are feeling like this, I would get checked out as soon as possible just to rule it out.

I feel bad if I'm scaring you but better safe than sorry

Donna

• Posted

Hi. I went to Whiston A&E they listened to my chest and diagnosed a viral lung infection no D Dimer No X-ray. I can't lie down without pain not happy with A&E at all. If it gets worse then I shall go to Liverpool Royal. If I am on crutches or lie down I constantly cough 

• Posted

I am surprised that they didn't do a CT to rule out a pulmonary embolism. However you didn't mention a shortness of breath on exertion so that be why.

• Posted

Yes SOB upon exertion and still pain however SOB on exertion anyway as I am on crutches and they're pretty tough. CT Scan far too expensive if anything it would have been chest X-ray 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.