Pulmonary embolism advice please!

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 22 and am in hospital with a PE about to be discharged. Have been in here over a week now.

I'm wondering how long it took for others to recover from this? Like how long off work etc?

I'm really scared about all of this!

Thank you

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Beth

I am also 22 and just Diagnosed PE left lungs

I take xarelto for that the doctor told me 6 months

I am 1and half month now with that medicine

What did u take? How did u Get PE?

• Posted

Hiya,

I'm sorry to hear that how are you getting on? I'm on warfarin for the rest of my life! I'm not entirely sure I had a foot operation a month before but I was mobile and had thinning injections. I think it's hereditary for me as my dad and uncle had PEs too. Do you know what caused yours?

• Posted

Omg really? For life! OMG!

Mine wenn dont know whEre it comes

But they say maybe because of 15 days in the Hospital only in bed.

In june Ist my First MIR to look if bloodclot is gOne...

• Posted

Yep unfortunately but mine is hereditary! I'd rather be on meds for life than feel that pain again!

Ah yes if you don't move about much or are hospitalised you're at much higher risk! But the hospital should have given you injections really. Wow you're lucky most hospitals don't scan again to see if they are gone

• Posted

Hi beth

Yes i'm about 4 months on june in This med.

So They say round about 3 to 6 months so when bloodclot gOne on june pprobably stop at Medication i dont feel good in my Med.

Feel always tired i feel many pain back pain

Tummy pain legs! I understand u!

• Posted

Beth your quite lucky you had Dr’s who listened to you and admitted you. I am going thru treatment for breast cancer at the age of 36, I got the diaignos a week after my birthday. I just finished chemo last week. They say cancer/chemo can thicken your blood and make clots. I found out about 3 weeks ago in ER that I had a DVT I stayed overnight bc it was already 1am and they wanted to show me how to do the shots for both times plus I was in a lot of pain in both in of my legs which is a side effect of Taxol (chemo) I was on. I was 4 days out from chemo and i went to my primary care about my leg pain and just not feeling great at all I almost passed out so she said I can’t admit you but I can call the house manager to get you back when you arrive then she asked me to get on the bed from the chair when I got up the room all of sudden spun so she sat me back down and that’s when she said that ER was where I needed but she didn’t want me driving so she called an ambulance they came in and radioed the local hospital and they were on reroute meaning I had to go to the next hospital which ended up being 30

Mins away. Dr came in and asked questions then told me we will do labs, CT and a ultrasound Doppler. Dr came back in and said you have a DVT we are going to keep you over night and put you on Lovonox shots 130 twice a day. My poor tummy is all bruised. 

Well I woke up 2 days later in so much pain not only in my legs but my rib cage

Area and chest I was having issues breathing too (I have asthma) but this wasn’t asthma. The dr game me pain meds when I got in this was my actual cancer hospital since I called my oncologist this time and he said go to

UTSW which is in Dallas it’s a 90 min drive to there she did Mri U/S and their own Doppler of my leg. Results came back that not only did I have DVT I also had a few PE’s one in each lung. My dr called ahead and said

He wanted me admitted for pain management but the hospitalist gave me 2 of morphine and then 4 I take 15mg of morphine of extended 3 times a day and have oxycodone for break thru so what they were giving me wasn’t calming my  body down. I was glad to go home after a couple of days. 

Well last Tuesday I was very worried bc the center of my chest was kinda on fire and achy not to mention my sides like rib cage which was actually lung pain. Went to the local ER they got me right back put oxygen on me I also have to include that I had tried to take bp meds , pain meds  anti nausea meds I wasted about 3 rounds of pills so I stopped trying. I called my husband to come home bc I was weak and dizzy 

• Posted

Hi, I was just diagnosed w P.E after all the docs attempts to find out what was wrong with me. I hvnt had a major surgery, I hv jus been really depressed and laying in the bed a lot with minimum activities since I lost my mother less than a yr ago. I was in an excruciating amount of pain and couldn't catch my breath! When i went to the hospital i spent less than 24hrs before they wanted me to leave but I insisted that i stay another day or 2 so I did n went home in less than 3 days. They gave me blood thinner n sent me home. How long should hv stayed in hospital and how long will it take to heal.

Ray

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.