Pulmonary Rehab

Posted , 3 users are following.

Due to one lung partly congested have been referred for pulmonary rehab anyone had this and did it help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can't can only say one thing ,,,,,DO IT ,,  you will not regret it ,,,I did first time back in 2008 and I firmly and honestly believe that was my first step to living a fuller life ,I'm aged 71. And after the 8 week course I followed on the exercise by going into the gym twice a week for An hour ,I built my self up to 3 Kim on the treadmill ,3 Kim on the bike ,5 Kim on the hand bike and 1000 meters on the rower ,yes I've had set backs ,pneumonia a few times and septasyma and many chest infections ,but as soon as I'm over it ,,,I'm back in the gym ,,,,,but now I go 3/4 times a week for 40/45 minutes ,this way I recover quicker better and feel better ,my aim after being diagnosed back in 1992 has always been to avoid  having to use supplementary oxygen,,,,and do far I've succeeded,,, so if you smoke STOP and YES ,,,,go to Pulmary rehab you WILL NOT REGRET IT ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.